Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already a ledge in my eyes after his performance in the 6-1.

In all seriousness, it's not an exciting prospect but if he was cheap it might be a solid enough signing. I think he's actually done pretty well at WBA so he'd probably give us a bit more strength in depth. We've had a brilliant transfer window so I'm not going to throw a hissy fit over this one, hell he might even surprise us.

Evans is underrated on here it seems. It's not always the flashiest names that make the best signings.

Experienced, winner, British, good technically & can defend. What's not to like?

It's money time in the window. I think if we don't know by now who's possible/not possible we're not doing our jobs properly!

Really coming round to this signing, especially as 4th choice. Talking to a couple of United supporters who know their shit, they say they're disappointed that Van Gaal let him go. Strong and brave defender, two footed, can pass, has excellent leadership qualities. Actually fits the profile of defender which Pep wants this summer. In terms of downsides, apparently he's a bit injury prone but a quick look on wiki suggests he's played 30+ games two seasons running for West Brom.

My first thought before I posted anything was gawd no but reflected before posting and I can see a logic to this. I'm sure I remember him actually having some good games against us.

If this is true and we want him then at least offer them a swap with delph so it won't cost much and gets another wage off the books
(Also possibly a loan deal for tosin only so he will get valuable game time too)

The only thing I remember about Evans is Mario leaving him for dead in the 6-1 and I doubt he's got any quicker since then. I get that he's better on the ball than Mangala but in a high line his lack of pace could be exposed. Oh well, in Pep we trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.