Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate JFE, some guys are being absolute muppets here. If Arsenal sign JFE, he'll start for them. He'll be the 4th choice CB at City. How is this going backwards? We've have a potential starter at CB for a top 6 side at 4th choice. That's insane depth. He's never starting over Stones, Ota or Kompany so we'll barely even see him play ever. Also everything suggests that we'll be going big in the summer for a top CB again to replace Kompany. Ota, Stones, new CB and Evans. That would be incredible depth at CB as far as I'm concerned.

Well for one, you are certain that Kompany is going & we won't have both him & JFE as reserve cbs next season.

Two, if Kompany stayed on as an option for 4th choice cb, sharing that role with Tosin, & we signed a genuine top quality cb, then 1 Otta, 2 Stones, 3 New cb, 4 Kompany/Tosin, is imo a much better situation than if '4' is JFE.

Three, JFE has played his whole career in teams who like to 'get the ball forward' in possession. Utd weren't a possession based team who passed it out from the back, they just happened to have Paul Scholes, who did that under very little pressure, against teams who were scared of them (until Mancini sent DeJong & Barry to press him & he got sent off in a sulk). When they played v City, or especially v Pep, they rarely touched the ball.

Pep would be gambling that JFE is ideal in his system, having never seen him do it, based on his passing etc, in a different system.

He might be right & JFE might be fantastic & take to it straight away, but JFE isn't 'ready made' as some are suggesting, Pep will have to coach him, just as he would any other player. If it doesn't work, pretty much straight away, we have a passenger.

PcQWxru.gif

WBA have dropped the price by 1/4 to £23.5m. Fucking ludicrous fee to pay - buy Inego Martinez for £32m and get someone who is good for the future, will have some sort of sell on fee and can cover at left back. It really is a no brainer.
I think we need someone who will cover defence this year as we go into the important games. Not sure if Evans is the best but I know I would rather him than Mangala be cover for Stones/Ota

I think we need someone who will cover defence this year as we go into the important games. Not sure if Evans is the best but I know I would rather him than Mangala be cover for Stones/Ota
And that must be the reasoning of Pep as well. JFE is not a world beater but better than Mangala.

Hopefully we’re only pretending we want him to piss arsenal off

Given Arsene the cuckolds comments this morning about the Rags i've now changed my mind and want him just to pour piss on his day even more.

Not a clue why were not looking a little further ahead, a player like Upamecano from Liepzig would be a much better option. Big solid good on the ball and only 19, got that french link for Mendy. Already looked decent in this seasons champs league. I know he isn't a short term fix for the rest of the season but seen as how were building a young squad for now and the future better than a 30 year old. If we started to play a back 3 then CB is actually the positions that would need some pace, at present its the position that's the oldest and slowest with the exception of stones and Tosin not being fancied i feel.

Just feel like Evans is a bit of a knee jerk to our current lack of Centrebacks and not fully thought through.

I think that answers your question to be honest.

Given Arsene the cuckolds comments this morning about the Rags i've now changed my mind and want him just to pour piss on his day even more.
Tbh if we’re gonaa be serious we should nab auba from under his nose maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.