Jools Holland NYE

Do you get to define who is a comedian?

I‘m pretty sure he will put his occupation as comedian/annoyer of the “unwoke”.
Not at all anyone can call themselves what they like these days but I would call him a **** rather than a comedian.

It's symptomatic of the decay in modern society. The Queen always did her speech live every year, but the younger generation just don't have the same sense of duty.
Utter Twaddle.
the Queen’s Xmas speech was pre recorded since 1960.

Last edited:
It’s the kind of thing you can put on in a room with 4 generations and all just about enjoy, and there’s always something to talk about between it being the one time a year Paloma Faith exists, some random one hit wonder act no one has seen since 1987 appearing or a special guest looking like they’ve had 10 too many and slurring through an interview until Holland gives up.

Plus it’s the kind of thing that can easily fade into the background if conversation takes off or some neighbours pop round, or someone’s fixing drinks.

Thats how I always picture it, a few levels higher than white noise, and it’s hard to imagine someone just sitting down and watching it like a serious tv program.

Probably. But if you don't have 4 generations in the roon and plenty of conversation over it, it is pretty naff. Particularly this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.