Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous price for a player who's only played one season and has just been relegated, but even Championship clubs get so much money these days that young, English players with potential all cost an absolute fortune. This is what happens when everyone gets loads more money, they buy the exact same players they would have bought before, but pay three times as much as they would have and give them three times as much money in wages.

You'd think wrong bud..... off to West Ham on loan

i hate the loan deals and its always manchester city who are soft and asked for loan players but they should be going for a fee and top dollar just like what we have to pay when asking about a player. i would like the club to clean the crap and players that don't want to play for manchester city or not good enough who are on loan just get rid sell them even at a loss just get rid and use the youth system to bring the kids into the first team and stop bulk buying

we can not keep bringing players in and even if we know they are only here for the squad and make up the numbers and we keep spending something like £20million for a couple of season then loan them out because we have signed another squad player its daft. the youth setup is there to use and we have talent and the pressure is off to promote the club and we are a top 4 team by rights and now is the time to bring in youth. the hard core is all most done and dusted for the next 5 years so we can add youth to the squad instead of cover signings

Pickford has the potential to be world class....will be stunned if he isn't England no.1 in a couple of years.
He's played a lot of years, and respect to the lad for chasing first team football for experience, when he was with us, we loaned him to Alfreton, Darlington, Carlisle, Bradford, Preston...
Very happy with £30m, but it could be that Everton may end up with a bargain if he's there 10 years or so....or a bigger club comes in, and pays even more

My pick to be England number 1 next year at the World Cup.

I genuinely think this lad will end up world class.

My pick to be England number 1 next year at the World Cup.

I genuinely think this lad will end up world class.
Think he's better than Heaton now and marginally behind Buckland but agree would expect him to be 1 or 2 by the WC dependant on how Hart plays if he's in the Prem.

Does this make him the third most expensive keeper in history? Behind Buffon and Ederson. Not bad for a kid with one year of relegation football under his belt. Will be interesting to see how he does at a club where people actually notice the mistakes he makes instead of just noticing the saves. Pretty mental that Everton have this kind of money for a player like him

Jordan Pickford could turn out to be the real deal (a long way to go on that imo) or could turn out to be another Steve Simonsen, Paul Gerrard or John Ruddy.

Last edited:
From what i saw of him this season i think some on here are overestimating his potential. Got lots of potential no doubt, just not world class potential in my eyes, Either way, it's a good signing for Everton, they're weak in net, he's English, and only going to get better. Unless it screws their budget over there's no downside to this signing for them.

Does this make him the third most expensive keeper in history? Behind Buffon and Ederson. Not bad for a kid with one year of relegation football under his belt. Will be interesting to see how he does at a club where people actually notice the mistakes he makes instead of just noticing the saves. Pretty mental that Everton have this kind of money for a player like him

Everton will be spending big (really big) this summer.
Their owner is exceptionally wealthy and it was widely reported that Koeman was promised £100m to spend each year. They didn't spend anywhere near that last summer, when they additionally sold Stones for £50m. It also looks like they will be selling Lukaku for close to £100m. Koeman probably has in excess of £200m to spend this year. I think that they'll surprise quite a few in some of the big names that they bring in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.