Jordi Alba.........

Not yet because they're still considering Kolarov and Guilherme (Granada's Brazilian left-back who United are also looking at) as alternatives. And the way they play if they go for Bale they might use him as a wing-back. Barca will have money to spend but their debt is staggering and they may have used some of this year's transfer budget last summer to get both Fabregas and Sanchez. And if I was Barcelona I'd prioritize a central defender ASAP as Pique is wildly overrated and Puyol is getting older and older... and as impressive as he is, Mascherano is not a real CB.

I thought Jordi Alba was a winger? Either way he'll inject some much needed pace into the side if we sign him, whether that be at full-back or on the wing.

brian the blue said:
I thought Jordi Alba was a winger? Either way he'll inject some much needed pace into the side if we sign him, whether that be at full-back or on the wing.
One of those wingers deemed not good enough, so recently moulded into a left back.

Danamy said:
.........anyone?

I'm hearing we're all over this kid at the moment, it would most certainly spell the end for Kolarov.

So is this a club signing, a Mancini signing or a Mourinho signing?

Danamy said:
.........anyone?

I'm hearing we're all over this kid at the moment, it would most certainly spell the end for Kolarov.

Better the devil you don't know than the one we know.

Jumanji said:
brian the blue said:
One of those wingers deemed not good enough, so recently moulded into a left back.

Not really. He has played as a winger since he was a child and still do in some games.
He started to play left back due to lack of cover in the squad at left back(That's a general football problem).

There is a thing I can't understand about english football: when a defender can play football managers use to think "omg, this footballer looks so composed on the ball and defenders shouldn't be technically gifted, move him to mid!11!!!".
Barry, Phil Jones, Rodwell, Bale, I think they were defenders.

In Spain if a midfielder can defend and has enough strong physical presence, managers try to make him a def, because there aren't too many defenders who also can play the game.
Hierro(started as a mid, then become a great defender and later I saw him playing as a mid at Bolton again :D), Raul Albiol, Jordi Alba, Marchena, Zabaleta,(yes, our Zab), Mascherano, Javi Martinez, Filipe Luis...all of them were midfielders.

Having a great game against Athletico tonight . He can motor and has a good cross and is always involved in this game anyhow.

brian the blue said:

Excellent that Clichy is such a slouch

An impressive performance,he is very similar to Clichy but with a better final ball.

Both overlapping on the left would be awesome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.