Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about it. Shafted by ADL. I'm not quite sure at what point Jorginho broke his word but he did. Football transfers are a dog eat dog world.

They kept City involved so Cfc would pay full price...Jorginho was always going to Cfc if Sarri becomes manager

I think we were his back up plan if Sarri didn't end up at Cfc

That said, the marker we are setting (have set) is that players that join our club have to believe in the club, the philosophy of the club and the long term plan. Players need to get on board with our present and future aspirations, and that isn't an option. This isn't really a new thing (e.g. we've retained world class players even when we weren't top of the tree), however we do not need to, nor will we carry people who don't buy into the clubs long term plan. The plan has been set out, and was explained in detail by Khaldoon Al Mubarak for both fans and rivals to see, and I'm absolutely proud of the way we handle our recruitment policy.

I get your point and respect your post. For the record I think on the whole the club recruit well but are not beyond the occasional criticism. There is so many moving parts in a transfer deal of this value and the landscape is ever changing so you need a DOF who is experienced and I think we have one of the best.

I do think the tactic you mention above builds a great team morale, but there are times and certain players who you need to push more for (not saying Jorginho is one, but I do like him). For example Mpabbe might not have brought fully into the project or the City to the point he would turn down more money elsewhere, but we than matched that and he joined the Blues.

It seemed to me if Fred was available in the winter window we would have signed him, it was only when we waited for summer that Jorginho moved ahead. Fabinho was widely being considered last year (again I think he seems good), although he has been available for awhile and no-one bar Liverpool followed through their interest and the scouts will have seen him a lot more than me.

It is a position that needs strengthening and we seem to be the people who expected to have first choice and at the moment are empty handed whilst our main rivals have strengthened that position.

So we are looking at other potential targets, I think the club is experienced enough now to know that the wrong signing is worse than no signing. So I don’t think we’ll panic buy, but there is a chance we will end up from a position of strength not recruiting in an area we needed to.

Seems to me his agent was part of the plot because his normal chin wagging style suddenly changed to silence once he had been shall we say been rewarded via the higher fee at Chelsea.

Football Italia on twitter have just run the story that Jorginho hasn't signed and is having second thoughts after Chelsea messed him about yesterday after his medical. Don't know how reliable they are
Anyone would get pissed off if they were made to fly to London to take separate medicals 4 days in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.