Joshua Kimmich

We won't be buying any right back based solely on how they play against Vinicius, especially one that got no help at all from Sane. That said havent the slightest clue whether we are interested in Kimmich or not but if we are I don't think it would mean Walker leaving yet.

We won't be buying any right back based solely on how they play against Vinicius, especially one that got no help at all from Sane. That said havent the slightest clue whether we are interested in Kimmich or not but if we are I don't think it would mean Walker leaving yet.
of course no, Pep will try to adjust the tactic if needed.

i think Tuchel has come up with something with playing left back and left back as a winger.

Kimmich is a player that i genuinely don’t know how Pep would utilise
Harsh to judge his season off one game playing against Vini, I thought he was brilliant at RB for Germany against France, when his opposite number was Mbappe. He generally has beeb solid at that position for most of the season. Vini Jr is just unplayable.

Kimmich is a player that i genuinely don’t know how Pep would utilise
Harsh to judge his season off one game playing against Vini, I thought he was brilliant at RB for Germany against France, when his opposite number was Mbappe. He generally has beeb solid at that position for most of the season. Vini Jr is just unplayable.
Think If we were to buy him I could easily see how he'd fit, as an inverted right back there is probably nobody better. Then he can play as a 6 when Rodri doesn't. Keeping Walker for another year he can play in games like Madrid.
In That sense he makes more sense to me that buying another midfielder to cover Rodri.

Think If we were to buy him I could easily see how he'd fit, as an inverted right back there is probably nobody better. Then he can play as a 6 when Rodri doesn't. Keeping Walker for another year he can play in games like Madrid.
In That sense he makes more sense to me that buying another midfielder to cover Rodri.
I can see us getting him for the inverted role but I don’t think he’s what we need as Rodri cover
He can’t cover ground and doesn’t have the mix of athletic and technical ability that we need. Bruno Guimaraes would give us that but I don’t think Kimmich is our guy. Maybe he could in a double pivot but then we have Kova for that

Mint inverted RB option but I’d still want to keep Walker if we did that

I can see us getting him for the inverted role but I don’t think he’s what we need as Rodri cover
He can’t cover ground and doesn’t have the mix of athletic and technical ability that we need. Bruno Guimaraes would give us that but I don’t think Kimmich is our guy. Maybe he could in a double pivot but then we have Kova for that

Mint inverted RB option but I’d still want to keep Walker if we did that
I think we would keep Walker. Guimaraes would be better Rodri cover but I don't think he Plays when Rodri plays,at least not if we buy Paqueta as well,so can't see us buying both. That's why I see Kimmich as a better overall fit.

This did not age well... at all!!

You would have shipped out the ONLY RB in Europe that handles players like Vinius Jr, like a sip of tea, for a YOUNGER one that gets skinned. All so that Lewis, who doesn't have the strength or speed for that position to come in to the team.

No thanks.

If Lewis is playing in any position, it has to be the middle where his losing the ball is less exposed.
i said if he gets shipped, not i would ship him out. Kimmich is still the best player to teach the role we were talking about with Rico.

Still wouldn't pass on the opportunity to sign Kimmich but the only thing is where he would fit in if we did.

You can't judge a player too much on a game or two

That said, if he signed for us, I wouldn't put him anywhere near right back if we had to play against Vini Jr. You can see he just had his number. Like Bale vs Maicon, he had him on toast.

i said if he gets shipped, not i would ship him out. Kimmich is still the best player to teach the role we were talking about with Rico.

So, okay, here's the thing... Lewis is not a RB in any sense of the traditional word used. He has no defensive nous at all, doesn't look over his shoulder and isn't tactically aware in that position. He's only good going forward which places him more in the midfield position with an ability to cover the RB in a pinch.

We've seen in countless games where he's had the ball stolen or a player has stolen in behind him and he has no recovery place.

I don't give a shit that he's an academy player; that doesn't come before the team cohesion.

The only time he's been effective, for me, is against more naive teams that set out to take us on at our own game. This season I said he wouldn't start 10 games and he got the berth of those at the beginning of the season where Guardiola could afford to look at him and pretty much benched for the rest.

For me, that says quite a lot.

So, let's not do this with Lewis. He'll have the playing time of Palmer in the future and we'll see if that's enough for him.

That's how I see it for Lewis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.