Josko Gvardiol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Love Laporte but he cant play the role ake plays in this team hence why he hardley featured last year. Grealish was a 100 million points gvardiol is 86 million pounds. Grealish was also a release clause gvardiol isnt. Also to be honest shirt sales hardly generate much income for the club given they are already paid by puma.

Gvardiol is the haaland of CBs hes 21 years of age and is expected to become the best in the world. Its clear why pep wants him. Hes probably one of a few footballers who can do the john stones role but from the left side if he ended up injured and he can do the ake role so hes multi-positonal something laporte currently isnt due to his pace. Laporte unfortunately in this system can only really play the dias role. (by the way i like laporte)

The fee is what it is. But given he could be here for 10+ years i dont see a particular issue with it and i dont think the club do otherwise they wouldnt have entered negotiations given the fees been public for a while. The fact that no other club is at the table doesnt mean you can undermine Leipzig they just wont sell. And the fact that you think 60m is laughable in itselfs given the potential your paying for. Left footed Centrebacks come with their own premium.

The fair value is around 80m which isnt much less than what leipzig want given his potential age left footed ect. You only have to looks at Fofana going for 72million last year. Rice went for 105m. Theres a lack of left footed cbs on the market.
We also had two left footed centre backs in the past that were pipped to be amongst the top CB in world football i.e Nastasic and Mangala. How did that came along. Remember the jubilation and optimism around Mangala signing?

We also had two left footed centre backs in the past that were pipped to be amongst the top CB in world football i.e Nastasic and Mangala. How did that came along. Remember the jubilation and optimism around Mangala signing?
I`d rather forget if thats alright with you. ;)

Yes and i understand the caution, but the club clearly think hes worth the investment and Hes our main target for the summer and to be fair i get why hes the main target. You seem to think we should spend money else were but to be fair i dont think theres many other places we upgrade on unless someone leaves.

Yes and i understand the caution, but the club clearly think hes worth the investment and Hes our main target for the summer and to be fair i get why hes the main target. You seem to think we should spend money else were but to be fair i dont think theres many other places we upgrade on unless someone leaves.
I dont see any urgent need for Gvardiol in our squad. Many are saying we cant let the team grow old together but none of our CBs currently are in their 30's. We need a central midfielder and a winger (With Gundo, Mahrez gone and Bernie also 50/50). Had we received a bid of 40 odd million for Laporte then our pursuit of Gvardiol for such a large feel would had been justified. Gvardiol's comparison with Haaland is absurd. Haaland was a bonafide superstar whereas Gvardiol is currently what John Stones was at Everton i.e potential. Pep knows the best I will support him in any decision that he takes.

I dont see any urgent need for Gvardiol in our squad. Many are saying we cant let the team grow old together but none of our CBs currently are in their 30's. We need a central midfielder and a winger (With Gundo, Mahrez gone and Bernie also 50/50). Had we received a bid of 40 odd million for Laporte then our pursuit of Gvardiol for such a large feel would had been justified. Gvardiol's comparison with Haaland is absurd. Haaland was a bonafide superstar whereas Gvardiol is currently what John Stones was at Everton i.e potential. Pep knows the best I will support him in any decision that he takes.
Hasn't Gvardiol got a release clause kicking in next year of close to 100m? That's the urgency isn't it? They say give us 86m now or fuck off and we'll keep him a year and see you next summer with 98m ‍♂️ That's how I see it at the minute from Leipzigs point of view.

Laporte also has the same description that you gave above and can hardly find any suitors. No way Gvardiol is a 100 million player, if he were we would had paid it already like we did for Grealish. Gvardiol is not a superstar and comes from a nation with a very small population so we are hardly going to have any money coming from his shirt sells. Furthermore, CB usually cost much less than attackers so paying a premium fee for a defender doesnt seem sensible. Not to mention there is no other club currently vying for his signature. The fair value for Gvardiol is £60 Mill + £5 Mill as an add on sweetener.
What about the Stones role and coming into midfield, because I think that could be a factor here too, which very few "center backs" can do. It also seems you're mixing euros and pounds, it's not 100m pounds, it's ~85m (100m euros).

While I don't disagree on the "fair value" the factors driving it up are that he has 4 years left on his contract, he has a rumored 110m euro release clause from next summer onward, and Leipzig have already made loads of money from sales so no need for money.

Sometimes you need to refresh that back line its not just about letting it grow old together its they are simular age (stones, ake, akanji). Stones and Ake are injured always at some point in the season. We play with 4 accross that back line now so having him in is important in my opinion for the system because if stones breaks down we need someone to be able to play that role otherwise its a system change again.

Laporte will be gone. Just because hes not sold yet doesnt mean thats not happening behind the scenes.

Gvardiols comparrison with haaland isnt in terms of superstar/PR ect. Haaland is a bonifide superstar because hes a Striker with the Pr to go with it as well as his talent. Centre backs arent going to get that kind of attention. Gvardiol is 'the haaland' of cb in terms of age, Talent and projection expected.

Also in terms of wing replacement this signing isnt going to remotley affect that as Mahez has left, hence why a new option for that position is coming in. Kova replaced Gundo in terms of position and Number otherwise bernie will play there. There may be a midfield signing however its dependent on squad space and numbers. We also have to factor in phil playing there at somepoints in the season in prep to take over kevs role. Also bernies staying in my opinion and it wouldnt shock me if he signs that new deal that hes been offered.

This signing isn't going to affect any other transfers. Those are dependent on squad space and players leaving. Gvardiol is our main target this summer irrespective of who leaves and doesn't

Last edited:
Gvardiol is must in Pep eyes and defense is as much as important probably the most important part as it the first phase on how we usually attack under our Manager.

Some of our fans saying that the club should pay attention to other areas to strengthen have not paying attention on how our manager usually works.

And as the old saying goes, attack may win you the match but defense will win you titles in the long run.

Great post mate. I have no 'agenda' whatsoever. I just don’t hold the view that everything in the garden will remain rosy following Pep's departure. I simply have concerns that the owners will be relying on luck and money rather than judgement when it comes to appointing Pep's successor(s).

I'm a glass half empty kind of guy!
1690253927992.png

I don't really care too much of the price. The board need to show big support to Pep after the treble. If Pep put him as No 1 target, get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.