Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't take it too literally mate, Kane was boxed off too.

As you rightly state, players can even change their mind after a medical.

In regards of everything being done prior to a player signing, we have done that.

There is more to procuring a top name than just the final signature.

Agents, parents, player relationships and, most importantly, the finances all need to be boxed off.

Haaland gave us his word relatively early, but City were confident he wasn't the type of character to go back on it.

I see Jude being of similar outlooks. He wants to improve, he likely sees himself playing in Spain one day.

He and his parents had the strength of mind and character to snub United when Ferguson, Cantona and Robson were all waiting to welcome them at the gates of Carrington.

United were also offering £17m more to Birmingham and wages three times what he is currently on at Dortmund.

If his mindset is to be winning in England straight away, on his envisaged career path, moving to Liverpool would be crazy.

He would have to run his deal down to escape, look how long they left Mane and Salah waiting on new deals.

Added to Liverpool wanting to recoup a £100m outlay, it doesn't make financial sense right now.

Liverpool cannot be considered title contenders again and Jude is in a rush.

Especially so, if Liverpool don't even have Champions League football to offer.

Bellingham has seen City up close four times now and his best pal has been also briefing how great things are under Pep.

If all we are saying is Jude is tempted by playing with a veteran Jordan Henderson and Terrence Trent-Derby, his mum used to like John Barnes, then our chances are better than I thought.

It's about his football not finances. We win on both and to learn from the master of midfield coaching.
Have you been listening to me in the pub! :)

Why the fuck any sensible person would want to join Liverpool is beyond me.
Loads of reasons.
Piss easy relationship with media..
Favourable refereeing decisions...
A long term media career once finished... No matter how shite you were..
Gurenteed country caps.... No matter how shite you are...

I'm sure others can add more...

The financials for Liverpool are fascinating. Key players need replacing soon and turn over of squad has been poorly managed. Blowing your wad on one player will have knock on implications for future squad build.

I honestly think if they decided they really wanted him they would have the money to do it without new owners, they may even be forced into it with the press pushing him at Liverpool so much, if they don't sign him their fans will be livid after all the emotion and arrogant bluster they've put into signing him now. They have a very similar income to us and so could put the money together if they wanted without breaking FFP in the same way we can.

The biggest problem they have though is that they also need a massive rebuild of their aging squad over the next couple of seasons. They may go the United route of splashing the cash on a big name player to keep the press and fans happy and then buying a few low cost lower quality players to pad the squad out. The trouble they'll have there though is that since we changed our computer logins they've been pretty poor at sniffing out a bargain like we have been able to with Akanji, Alvarez, etc so that will definitely impact them on the pitch.

I do have some concerns about us buying him for the same reasons though. Will the costs being talked about take up an entire summers transfer budget? I have no idea really but looking at our squad realistically we will have to replace De Bruyne and, particularly, Gundogan sooner rather than later, possibly Bernardo too. We also need a quality full back or two and that's without taking into account Walker's age. Mahrez is also coming to an age where we need to be thinking of a replacement for him so we're looking at a bit of a rebuild ourselves, especially in midfield. With that in mind is it worth spending the touted €150m on one player (who's very talented but seems quite inconsistent at the moment) or should we look at using the same amount of money to bring in 2 or 3 high quality players instead? I have no idea personally and don't really care either way if I'm being honest, Pep and Txiki have an excellent recruitment record so they'll know better than any of us what the plan is.

I only nipped on this thread as the Bellingham to Liverpool stuff is popping up all over the place now and wondered if there was anything going on but it would appear that it's mostly just the press using him to keep Liverpool in the news and it should all be taken with a pinch of salt. I think Tolmie mentioning that Klopp has had a meltdown about us pretty much sorting out signing Bellingham is the most positive thing to say we've got a good chance of Txiki getting his signing jumper out in Dortmund, Klopp certainly had a bit of a breakdown just before the World Cup started and seemed to throw his toys out of the pram in much less subtle way than normal which if it was over them losing out on Bellingham will make it even funnier.
Says it all really. Nobody knows what’s happening till it happens.

Don't be too hard on yourself!
My mate once signed up to a forum with a username that consisted of his name, town he was from and his pin number!
Just asking for a Nigerian prince I know pretty well through tinternet. So can I have your first 2 numbers of your pin then later the last 3?

I was told by someone reliable after the Dortmund home game in September that we had a verbal agreement with Bellingham to join next summer. Obviously things can change, but I'm still very confident of our chances.
Fucksake! I thought wumming was banned on the forum, Mods? Mods? -:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.