Jules Koundé

Mop l
BT Sport 8pm KO.
Yeh, agree with a lot of this. I think the very fact you have to distinguish between academy recruitment / progression and first team recruitment says it all. A lot was made from Pellegrini's announcement onwards about the club being holistic but City still don't really seem to work that way.

That said I'm not convinced any top team does. Liverpool are held up as being the leaders at this but look at their XI v Chelsea. One local boy in Alexander-Arnold, one admitted find in Robertson, and the rest had all done a couple of years at a decent club in a top tier league and cost top tier money. The bench doesn't reek of youth progression either. Are we that far behind? Obviously room for improvement but we do alright I reckon.

Anyway, Koundé. Yes please. Haven't had a hairdo worth a song since Demichelis.
Tolmie disputes this last paragraph!!

Not the profile of defender as Koulibaly is but a lot to like in him - great at recovering the ball and playing it forward.

However, I am always cautious with players who only have limited experience at this level & why Koulibaly brings something a young talent like Jules cannot. Longterm makes perfect sense, short term we'll see

Purportedly this transfer will unblock Garcia's return to Barca as well

Last edited:
Not the profile of defender as Koulibaly is but a lot to like in him - great at recovering the ball and playing it forward.

However, I am always cautious with players who only have limited experience at this level & why Koulibaly brings something a young talent like Jules cannot. Longterm makes perfect sense, short term we'll see

Purportedly this transfer will unblock Garcia's return to Barca as well
Garcia s return to Barca isn't blocked, as soon as you pony up the required fee he's yours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.