Julian Weigl

I don't think you get them both. Question is do you go for the youth and wait or spend big for the finished product now. I would go the youth route since we have Dinho. If you get them both you really would have to sell both ferns.

Fair enough. Surely Yaya is leaving as well?! Weigl would be ideal as well as we stand a chance of getting him imo. But, Busquets would be a bonus and will probably be the master to Weigl.

I don't think you get them both. Question is do you go for the youth and wait or spend big for the finished product now. I would go the youth route since we have Dinho. If you get them both you really would have to sell both ferns.
If Wiegl is as good as his production this year, you definitely want Wiegl. Young, will get better, will be cheaper, and will cost way less.

Would you prefer Busquets over Weigl or vice versa? Would you snatch the chance if you can get both in?

I'd be ecstatic with either but I'd prefer Weigl as he offers many more years to play for us than Busquets. Busquets makes us instantly better for the next 3-4 years. Weigl could become better than Busquets under Pep.

I'd be ecstatic with either but I'd prefer Weigl as he offers many more years to play for us than Busquets. Busquets makes us instantly better for the next 3-4 years. Weigl could become better than Busquets under Pep.

Pep's not God. Weigl will have to do his part on the pitch first before comparing him to busquets.

Pep's not God. Weigl will have to do his part on the pitch first before comparing him to busquets.

Then who have I been praying to this whole time?

Obviously Weigl will have to do his part but Busquets also wasn't the player he is today when he was Weigl's age.

Really hope we get him. I think Busquets is the best holding mid in the world but with Weigl's age Pep could mold him into world class here and even once he leaves he could still boss our midfield for years to come
Weigl is a good player and his having his break out season but he isn't Busquets. Busquets is a much better passer and more of a deep play maker. Weigl's passing range isn't as good as some on here think. He's more of a 'give it to somebody more technical' sort of player. He's a good player but he isn't the heart beat of a midfield. He needs a Gundogan along side him to compliment what he is good at.

Gareth Barry would be a similar sort of player to him (if i could compare him with anyone from our recent squads), although he is more slight and less physical, but technically cleaner. He would compliment a tempo player perfectly, but he wouldn't be that tempo player. A bit like Barry was with Yaya.

I think Xhaka and Gundogan are more realistic targets than Weigl and Busquets.

I think Xhaka and Gundogan are more realistic targets than Weigl and Busquets.

especially with Gundogan coming closer to end of contract and seemingly wants to come. I reckon it would be very difficult to take both of BVB's starting central midfielders in one window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.