Juventus

I don't mean dodgy in the sense of illegal or breaking the rules, but I just find in interesting that swaps used to just be the player plus the fee. Nowadays, there's always a fee for both players. So we paid £27.4m plus Danilo for Cancelo, but officially it went through at £60m-odd, and they supposedly paid over £30m for Danilo. So there must be some accounting reason for that sort of arrangement. It's not just us. Every swap seems to be like this now.
The more you pay, the more you can amortise. Plus Cancelo would have a certain amortised value on Juve's books. The value they want put on him in a swap would depend upon whether they needed to make a loss or a profit for tax and FFP reasons.
I guess we would go through the same calculations for Danilo and suspect the exact player values are of secondary importance

Last edited:
I don't mean dodgy in the sense of illegal or breaking the rules, but I just find in interesting that swaps used to just be the player plus the fee. Nowadays, there's always a fee for both players. So we paid £27.4m plus Danilo for Cancelo, but officially it went through at £60m-odd, and they supposedly paid over £30m for Danilo. So there must be some accounting reason for that sort of arrangement. It's not just us. Every swap seems to be like this now.

The more you pay, the more you can amortise
I can't be arsed typing out the calculations for amortisation and wages, but doing it the way City did, charging a fee for Danilo and overpaying for Cancelo meant that we showed a profit on the deal that financial year of around £10m

The imposition of financial regulations with the introduction of ffp 10 years ago has really messed up football. The professional game had existed for 130 years prior with little problem or controversy. The richest clubs bought the best players and therefore won the most trophies. We all know the reason why ffp was brought in, to stop City and cement the positions of the cartel clubs but clubs are commercial entities and should be allowed to succeed or fail, that's their business and right.

The imposition of financial regulations with the introduction of ffp 10 years ago has really messed up football. The professional game had existed for 130 years prior with little problem or controversy. The richest clubs bought the best players and therefore won the most trophies. We all know the reason why ffp was brought in, to stop City and cement the positions of the cartel clubs but clubs are commercial entities and should be allowed to succeed or fail, that's their business and right.
Literally this . We know, they know. The the deliciously fantastic hilarious thing about it all is that the very clubs that pushed for ffp are the ones suffering

Wank stains

I can't be arsed typing out the calculations for amortisation and wages, but doing it the way City did, charging a fee for Danilo and overpaying for Cancelo meant that we showed a profit on the deal that financial year of around £10m
If effect we bought Cancelo for around 57m, he was considered as one of the best full backs in the world, not an extortionate fee, we also valued Danilo at 33m, again not excessive as we had paid 27m two years previously. For that season we made a profit of 10.1m.

What Juve should have done is get the Agnelli family to give the club a soft loan of 1.6b, then sell to another Investor, write off that loan then spunk another 500m on players the following season, apparently within UEFA rules, sounds familiar?

Italian football has been littered with scandal, corruption and match fixing to suit the top clubs for many years, the "Calciopoli" of of 2006 which resulted in Juve's relegation being one of the more recent ones.

Agnelli, who was the owner and Chairman of Juve was responsible for bringing the Qatar based PSG CEO and Chairman Nasser Al-Khelaïfi onto UEFA's board with the prime aim of forming the European Super League. He himself has been investigated on charges of corruption.

BENT AS FUCK

Last edited:
Can't wait for sky sports to get that italian journalist on who went on a rant about us when the story they was covering had nothing to do with city.

Hope someone could put the link up.
Sky took it down very quickly, I had watched it live and it was terrible journalism, Gomersall didn't even question the female faux Italian who to my knowledge has not been seen on TV since. She said something along the lines of "everyone knows Manchester City get away with FFP by bending the rules". I thought here you go, mention CAS and the scrutiny we're under but Gomersall just said "it's not a level playing field is it?" Just so everyone knows she's a full blown Dipper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.