Kalidou Koulibaly

Someone said that earlier. But I'd have to say I disagree. If he were making positional errors or taking wrong angles or losing his man in the zone, that is one thing. This was simply a 1 v 1 in the box. The attacker was physically and athletically superior and had no respect for Garcia's ability to touch him. And he was right. And that guy isn't special by any stretch.

He is going and will develop. But in that moment that forward simply dominated him.
Every defender gets dominated on occasion, every single one.

You're adding a word there to straw man St. Pauli. He said they would look around spain, not EXCLUSIVELY look around Spain.

Your accusations of fetishism are easily turned on you as they come off as xenophobic.
Not xenophobic at all. I've said before, in this topic and others, I don't care where we find a player. Colour, natuonality, religion, sexuality, gender identification isn't a concern.

My point now, and before, was being Spanish shouldn't be a pre-requisite for signing a player. And as I also have said the poster, you are white knighting for who likely doesn't need your assistance, does come across as getting excited about players from Spain.

As for xenophobia, Blue Moon is an odd place. Many here love to bang on about it then have something to say about other nationalities when it suits them.

And as far as the use of the word fetish. Perhaps levity can't be determined easily through the typed word. Kind of like when I asked if you were insane when you posted not long ago that Joe Hart would right now be a good signing for us. ;-)

Not xenophobic at all. I've said before, in this topic and others, I don't care where we find a player. Colour, natuonality, religion, sexuality, gender identification isn't a concern.

My point now, and before, was being Spanish shouldn't be a pre-requisite for signing a player. And as I also have said the poster, you are white knighting for who likely doesn't need your assistance, does come across as getting excited about players from Spain.

As for xenophobia, Blue Moon is an odd place. Many here love to bang on about it then have something to say about other nationalities when it suits them.

And as far as the use of the word fetish. Perhaps levity can't be determined easily through the typed word. Kind of like when I asked if you were insane when you posted not long ago that Joe Hart would right now be a good signing for us. ;-)
I wasn't meaning to accuse you of xenophobia, I understand you aren't xenophobic but your insistence that anyone who wants City to sign a spaniard means that they believe we should ONLY sign Spanish players or that it is a pre-requisite is plain wrong and either deliberately or accidentally misrepresenting people's points or opinions. I was saying the way you twisted a person saying we might be adding another Spaniard into it being a "pre-requisite" for any city signing could just as easily be twisted to make you seem xenophobic towards Spaniards.

This is a forum and I am allowed to speak up when someone is arguing against a point nobody made. Having said that, you are probably right in the fact that levity and irony is often misinterpreted through typed word. I probably missed the tone of your post and for that I do apologize.

P.S. I'd still take Joe back as a 3rd choice keeper. Don't @ me.

I wasn't meaning to accuse you of xenophobia, I understand you aren't xenophobic but your insistence that anyone who wants City to sign a spaniard means that they believe we should ONLY sign Spanish players or that it is a pre-requisite is plain wrong and either deliberately or accidentally misrepresenting people's points or opinions. I was saying the way you twisted a person saying we might be adding another Spaniard into it being a "pre-requisite" for any city signing could just as easily be twisted to make you seem xenophobic towards Spaniards.

This is a forum and I am allowed to speak up when someone is arguing against a point nobody made. Having said that, you are probably right in the fact that levity and irony is often misinterpreted through typed word. I probably missed the tone of your post and for that I do apologize.

Incredibly disrespectful to the ultimate professional Mr. Carson but outside of that classy post.

Fair enough. My apologies to you as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.