Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

Phillips must be a very rare example of a player that has regressed under Pep's management. There can't be many others.

Having watched the interview back it seems pretty clear to me that Pep was being sarcastic. And I don't blame him. Phillips has undermined his future career by doing a pre-organised interview with the Sun newspaper. He has only got himself to blame. Moyes gave him a chance to do his talking on the field but he has already blown it because of the interview that just piled more pressure on himself.
100% Pep was taking the proverbial.

Phillips will regret that interview so much, totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

His interviews come across as a genuinely nice lad. I think his agency are using him to attack Pep and City in general.

I hope he finds himself at a club where his confidence can flourish and he gets the balls to change agents.
"His interviews come across as a genuinely nice lad."

Again WTF has this got to do with been a footballer in our shirt?

How do you know he is a "nice" lad?

All we can be certain on in our shirt he is one of the poorest players we have witnessed in the last decade and since his move to West Ham he has declined even further.

That the only thing he could do any over answer it would have been a worse headline!

No one asked Bacon to apologise for throwing a boot at Beckam they all Lapped it up and laughed about it!

The media are always asking questions to demean Pep utter kunts
That presser where he was asked about taking payments or bribes or whatever it was when I stopped watching any presser.

Seems like any Tom, Dick or **** could be a ‘journalist’.

Nasri was the first if I recall correctly. Here was I thinking he'd be a perfect Pep player but instead from the moment they met, Pep said "You're fat, go train on your own and look for another club." And Pep was right if Nasri's record since is anything to go by.
Phillips must be a very rare example of a player that has regressed under Pep's management. There can't be many others.

Nasri was the first if I recall correctly. Here was I thinking he'd be a perfect Pep player but instead from the moment they met, Pep said "You're fat, go train on your own and look for another club." And Pep was right if Nasri's record since is anything to go by.

File Nasri under 'awesomely talented but can't be arsed with the back office stuff'.

Having watched the interview back it seems pretty clear to me that Pep was being sarcastic. And I don't blame him. Phillips has undermined his future career by doing a pre-organised interview with the Sun newspaper. He has only got himself to blame. Moyes gave him a chance to do his talking on the field but he has already blown it because of the interview that just piled more pressure on himself.

It shows the lack of intelligence of not only himself but whatever halfwits are paid to advise him.
Everybody with one ounce of football knowledge knows he has been utterly shit in the few minutes he's actually been on a football pitch playing for us and now West Ham. Positionally unaware, can't tackle correctly, slow, loses possession and his passing is awry. Don't forget Pep sees him every single day in training and he's been here long enough to understand what's expected of him. Yet you could probably pick a half decent fit semi professional out of our crowd who'd put in a better performance than him.

The absolute best thing he could have done at West Ham was keep his head down, his mouth shut and work hard. Then actually do his job what he's paid for when picked. Instead he's done self pitying interviews which have made him a laughing stock and piled more pressure on himself. There was a half decent player in there which Is why we bought him, but like Lingard and that other clown Sancho, the ego is bigger than the talent and the social media persona more important than hard work and applying it on the field.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.