Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

I said "one of" not "the"...big difference ;)
Key component, or maybe hyped to that by the 'Over hype every English player' media....maybe there were many others in that side that were 'more key' than he was?
Sanctioned....or got lumbered with, looks more like the latter to me, judging by how little he was used.
I dont think Bielsa gave a shit about the English media.

You genuinely believe Pep didn't sign off on it?

He was barely used because when he arrived he was shit, Pep is good but even he can't see into the future.

It shows the lack of intelligence of not only himself but whatever halfwits are paid to advise him.
Everybody with one ounce of football knowledge knows he has been utterly shit in the few minutes he's actually been on a football pitch playing for us and now West Ham. Positionally unaware, can't tackle correctly, slow, loses possession and his passing is awry. Don't forget Pep sees him every single day in training and he's been here long enough to understand what's expected of him. Yet you could probably pick a half decent fit semi professional out of our crowd who'd put in a better performance than him.

The absolute best thing he could have done at West Ham was keep his head down, his mouth shut and work hard. Then actually do his job what he's paid for when picked. Instead he's done self pitying interviews which have made him a laughing stock and piled more pressure on himself. There was a half decent player in there which Is why we bought him, but like Lingard and that other clown Sancho, the ego is bigger than the talent and the social media persona more important than hard work and applying it on the field.
100% agree but I think he is fully aware of this and so are his agents, hence they are milking his 15 minutes for all they can.

The netflix documentary was an embarrassment as was the interviews given post West Ham but they all created more wealth for him.

The guy is a waste of space and the people defending him on here need to give their heads a wobble.

Not all transfers work, some players go to the wrong clubs at the wrong time but as in this case, some players just go to a club and are utterly out of their depth.

We are going to take one hell of a financial hit on this, already rumours of a return to Leeds which I imagine again has come from Phillips agent/reps.

They are already preparing him to get another payday at our expense, the guy is an utter @@@@ for me.

Last edited:
If he carries on playing like he is, he won't be getting an England call up and his England career will be over, full stop.

I totally get some players have a bad move, it happens, but he's not done himself any favours at West ham. Personally, I thought it was a great move for him and Moyes has plenty of examples of how he's turned decent players into great ones.

If he carries on playing like he is, he won't be getting an England call up and his England career will be over, full stop.

I totally get some players have a bad move, it happens, but he's not done himself any favours at West ham. Personally, I thought it was a great move for him and Moyes has plenty of examples of how he's turned decent players into great ones.
Steady on now, don't get carried away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.