Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

I would rather play perrone
And I barely have any idea how good he is
Bit if he is utter shite, then it won’t really make things any different

The issue isn't how he's playing - the issue is Pep has zero faith in him whatsoever. That should be a bigger indictment than anything else, Pep has never treated a player like this.

Why is everyone hell bent on piling on Kalvin phillips?
Can’t we talk about other players, it just gets boring as it seems everything bad about Man city is only Kalvin phillips.

Grealish, Rico and Dias all poor today.Phillips was poor but at least talk about the people that committed the errors leading to goals.

I'm really bored of his detractors.

Sure, he didn't play well in the same team offered on the first game of the tour. Wholesale changes back to that team. He's going to be similar with the lack of coverage on the field and defensive mistakes.

Whilst Rodri had Fernandinho to learn off, is Phillips getting the same tutelage? He looked markedly improved when paired with him against Bayern, no?

Kovacic is learning himself and is playing as he did at Chelsea (which Guardiola wants). Guardiola requires something different for the Phillips position that Rodri also plays.

Gonna try and not respond to these guys any more.

I suspect he will not be here by September 1st. Not wanting to leave only takes you so far. Expect Pep to have a talk with him in the coming days.

I'm thinking similar.

Pep needs to be straight with him,and the lad needs a dose of reality.

The comparisons with Grealish's and Rodri's situations are completely unrealistic and comical.

Grealish did what Grealish does. Dias was fine first half until the changes. Rico is young and playing out of position so can be excused. Phillips was a big money signing who should be at the peak of his career age wise. He hasn’t had a good game, hasn’t had a good half, hasn’t even had a good 5 minutes for us in 12+ months. Nice lad but he’s not good enough and that’s the long and short of it

Except for this...

You've found excuses for every poor player except for Phillips.

Grealish was shite.

Lewis also played RB (LOL, out of position?!) last season, so that was utter nonsense. Trying to nick a ball off a player who was twisting him in and out? Good grief...

Dias was doubly shite where he should have stepped up when the chips were down having more experience than anyone else on the pitch.

But, somehow, a player who had less game time, last season, than any other cops the blame.

We have some real sad thinkers for fans on here.

I will see how the season pans out.

My biggest issue with Phillips is that it he's meant to be our backup to Rodri, but feels like he's a long way off that to the point I can see there being 2/3 other players starting ahead of him when we play a game of any importance. So what's the point in Phillips?

Rodri played 56 games last season - 4,500 minutes (excluding internationals). After that much football, it will be a miracle if he has the same level of fitness this season. With an already light midfield, we're playing with fire if Pep doesn't think Phillips is up to the task, but keep him around because he doesn't want to leave.

Feels like we're stuck in a situation where the club would sell him tomorrow if he was willing to go, but he's doesn't want to leave, and we're being too nice about it. Some hard home truths need to be spoken between Phillips / Pep / the club.

Another player like Kovacic - someone that can play as either a 6 or an 8 - would be far more useful to us when our squad options already seem light.
Who said he was our backup Rodri?

He's a SQUAD player.

Ah, there you are. having given me both barrels for, in your words, slagging him off- ( I didn’t, I gave a constructive personal perspective) what do you think now? Time yet for an apology? Nah, didn’t think you’d have the canonizes for that. Perhaps at least acknowledge that maybe there’s another opinion you hadn’t considered before ‘slagging off‘ other posters who see things differently. This guy isn’t good enough, never was, never is and never will be. End of.

WTAF is this??

You want apologies... for a friendly??? You are real off-the-wall.

And who spells 'cajones' as 'canonizes'...??

You're a real loony tune.

"End of".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.