Karim Rekik..

Needs to bulk up a bit but he is naturally a very good reader of the game which aids his positional sense. Training alongside the senior defenders within the squad can only be good for his development.

What a bloody refreshing outlook from a young player. Not seen a lot of him so won't comment on his potential but just from that video you can tell he's focused and has his feet on the ground.

Something tells me this lad's attitude is very, very similar to Vinnie.

Rekik will partner Kompany for us in 5 years time imo, he is just one of them players like Suarez that look destined for the top. Our back '5' in a few years could be Hart, Richards, Kompany, Rekik, Clichy. Imagine that, all with a combined cost of 14 million I think.

ForzaMancini said:
Rekik will partner Kompany for us in 5 years time imo, he is just one of them players like Suarez that look destined for the top. Our back '5' in a few years could be Hart, Richards, Kompany, Rekik, Clichy. Imagine that, all with a combined cost of 14 million I think.

I hope you're right he looks like a top lad. Live opposite my mate and threw us some community shield tickets last year cause his parents couldn't get to London, nice guy!

ForzaMancini said:

I can see Karim getting into the first 11 by the time he is 19/20.

With a few more CC and Fa cup games under his belt, Mancini should know wether he can have a run out in the Premier League.

Like others have said, he needs to bulk up a little first.

Should hope he gets some game time this season, even at left-back if needed, no need to throw him in at centre-back like we did with Savic when we had injuries.

Karim Rekik

I thought I would make a seperate thread for this guy away from the EDS thread as in my opinion he is an absolute mile above everybody else. I cannot get over his composure and maturity. He plays like someone 10 years above his age and the guy is only 17. I am not one for getting over excited about youth talent but this guy is something special.

My question is, are we going to incorporate him into the senior team this year or are we going to send him out on loan? I don't know what the general opinion is with people but I would much rather have him about than Savic. I think it was quite telling that Mancini put Rekik with Kompany at centre back in the first game whereas surely it would've been Savic under normal circumstances....

I honestly think that this guy is good enough to be dumped into the centre of defence in a premier league game and that he will make that left centre back position his own. If mods think I am mad, then please feel free to merge with the EDS thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.