"Keeper, keeper, give us a wave..."

Who was that Icelandic fella we had on loan and played in the spurs 4-3 Cup game?
Arni Arason. Conceded 7 goals in the two games he played for us, yet I still have fond memories of him.

Reactions: kun
"...as you leave the ground, never to be seen again."

Much has been made about a mistake by a keeper or two of late. Ortega made an error but arguably was top bananas in previous cup games.

Rate the goalkeepers you've seen in your lifetime in terms of quality. Top bananas to (couldn't catch a banana shot by a five year old at the) bottom. No matter how this weekend goes, or the season, Ederson is class.

Ederson
Ortega
Caballero
Hart

Pantilimon
Given
Weaver
James
K. Schmeichel
P. Schmeichel
Seaman

Steffen
Stuhr-Ellegaard
Isaksson
Nash
Bravo
Dibble
Margetson
Tommy Wright
Nielsen*
Fulop*
Carson*
Coton
Burridge
Simon Tracey
Eike Immel

I was too young to remember Cooper, Suckling, Eric Nixon, Siddall, Alex Williams and Joe Corrigan. We've had some top class keepers over the years.

*didn't see enough to truly rank this player

Written for ships and giggles. Not to be taken too seriously. Winding in necks may be required.
I preferred margetson on the wing

I preferred margetson on the wing
I’m sure it wasn’t actually the case, but in my mind I always remember Margetson as being about 5ft 6”. Think there was a game against Everton (last day of the season?) where he was scrambling about in net like a school kid.

Arni Arason. Conceded 7 goals in the two games he played for us, yet I still have fond memories of him.
That's because every time he conceded his 3rd goal, he went absolutely nuclear. His tip onto the post followed by scrambling back across the line for a double save against Spurs is one of my all time favourite saves.

The recency bias here is questionable. Joe Hart shouldn't be as low as 4th.

Ortega hasn't even played double digits for us and Caballero was a career backup at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.