"Keeper, keeper, give us a wave..."

At his peak, Hart was declared ‘The best in the world’ by Messi. However on this list he appears below Ortega & Caballero… crazy

I loved Corrigan. He had a real purple patch late 70s. But early 70s not so good. So much so that for a year or so he was replaced by the legendary Keith Macrae

I loved Corrigan. He had a real purple patch late 70s. But early 70s not so good. So much so that for a year or so he was replaced by the legendary Keith Macrae
The latter Joe Corrigan was class but Coton for me was far better.

Joe was too nice , Coton the complete opposite and the opposition players feared him for that reason.

Its tough to grade keepers in this day and age.

Hart, on his day, was a world class shot stopper, i thought hed end his career with us but form dipped and the arrival of pep showed up his weakness of ball playing.
Ederson suits us but put him in a struggling team where outlets are limited and he has to save more shots and he’d be awful.

So it can me very dependent on the timings for a keeper .

My first keeper was joe corrigan. His displays in both 81 cup finals were brilliant.
I loved nicky weaver. David james was a decent keeper for us. Tony coton shouldve played for england but for old wiggy.

But if push comes to shove, of the keepers ive seen, my top five are;

1. Corrigan
2. Coton
3. Hart
4. Weaver
5. Ederson

(With honourable mentions for barry siddall, john burridge, mike stowell and simon tracey)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.