Keir Starmer

I can't think of anybody who likes Starmer, he is the invisible man, a complete nonentity. Labour need to get shot of him asap or they're doomed.
I actually like Starmer for his attacks on Johnson and the government as a whole. For me, as a floating voter who only chooses to look at the Conservatives when I think it’s needed, the problems really came when Corbyn was about to be ousted and the party challenged/amended the rules on party voting rights, bringing non-party members in to keep him as the head of the party. I liked Corbyn because he held my values in many ways but the way it was managed really discredited the process and allowed his enemy’s to prosper from his perceived allegiances.

What came later was simply propaganda spread which lead to his downfall but it did have an affect on the party and, now it’s split into many factions, the rich are now having their day, which Starmer can do nothing about apart from allowing them to hopefully push the down trodden into an uprising of biblical proportions.

We’re not too far away from the US political system, one could say that they modelled it on us and being centre of Labour shouldn’t be a problem, being either side is making it so.

The working demographic of the UK has changed dramatically over the last 50 years. The traditional Labour workers have vanished along with the Pits, Steelworks, Ship Yards, Docks, Railways etc.

Labour need to change tack drastically and not be so beholding to the Unions, if they are ever going to be relevant again.
And that’s what they are trying to do. We have moved from industry into support which are very different in construction.

He talked the talk today.

If he walks the walk rather than throwing sound bites out to appease whoever he's meeting then I will campaign for him.

Blair promised repealing the anti trade union laws to keep the left of the party onside. He won a big enough majority to do it. Then quietly dropped it as corporate donors appeared.
Some still ark back to Blair in a negative manner but he kept Labour in power for many years, probably the most successful period in history. Apart from him taking sides when he, and anybody else, had no choice, what could be the complaint?

Starmer reminds me of John Major, grey with no charisma, I can only remember one of Majors policies - back to basics, but that's one more policy than Starmer's got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.