Keith Curle

What mancityx said below. It was particularly sickening as we had just been relegated, Wolves were in the Prem (I think), he had walked out on us and the club was in a terrible state. Completely uncalled for and unwarranted.

Again not how I recall things, City had a choice when we were relegated, we either binned our top earners like Curle, Coton and Quinn and kept Kinky or we sold Kinky and maybe wouldnt have had to fuck off our top earners. We decided on the former and decided to keep Kinkladze. I dont think Curle walked out on us at all, I think we let him go, what was he supposed to do signing for a club who had a great tradition, basically shit on his new employers saying City (who had just dumped him) were better? Wouldnt have gone down very well would it?

What mancityx said below. It was particularly sickening as we had just been relegated, Wolves were in the Prem (I think), he had walked out on us and the club was in a terrible state. Completely uncalled for and unwarranted.
Never had a problem with him myself. He was stripped of the captaincy, put on the transfer list and sold in the preseason of 1996 for £650 000. Wolves were not in the premier league and didn't get in the premier league, during Curle's 4 seasons. He did make some comment about Wolves supporters being better than city's, whatever that meant, but I suspect he was trying to ingratiate himself with wolves fans.

Never had a problem with him myself. He was stripped of the captaincy, put on the transfer list and sold in the preseason of 1996 for £650 000. Wolves were not in the premier league and didn't get in the premier league, during Curle's 4 seasons. He did make some comment about Wolves supporters being better than city's, whatever that meant, but I suspect he was trying to ingratiate himself with wolves fans.

Plenty of players move clubs and dont neccesarily have to insult the previous fanbase, who have supported him, to ingratiate themselves. Hence I do not like him.

Your correct about Wolves not making the Prem though.

Again not how I recall things, City had a choice when we were relegated, we either binned our top earners like Curle, Coton and Quinn and kept Kinky or we sold Kinky and maybe wouldnt have had to fuck off our top earners. We decided on the former and decided to keep Kinkladze. I dont think Curle walked out on us at all, I think we let him go, what was he supposed to do signing for a club who had a great tradition, basically shit on his new employers saying City (who had just dumped him) were better? Wouldnt have gone down very well would it?

No he did not have to comment on us either way. Plenty of players manage it.

He always seemed to beat us after he left, I remember us losing 4-1 on a Friday night

My memory us a bit vague but weren't he a dirty bastard at times? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with Danny Tiatto
He could mix it.

Didn't he scrap with Asprilla during the 3-3 draw with the barcodes at Maine Rd?

I'll never forgive him for missing that penalty at Cardiff, it was like a scene from Game of Thrones on the wasteland by the coach park after that game

I'll never forgive him for missing that penalty at Cardiff, it was like a scene from Game of Thrones on the wasteland by the coach park after that game

You know nothing......... ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.