Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by thyer64, 20 Aug 2016.

1. karen7

karen7

Didn't mp think he was a better no 10? maybe we just don't need him there

He said this today

Kelechi Iheanacho: "I’ve got a good relationship with the manager – everyone here has a good relationship with him."

Kelechi Iheanacho: "We are happy to have him here. He will take this club far, because he is a great manager." [Sunday Mirror]

2. Dipsis_LTU_MC

Dipsis_LTU_MC

How did he miss that??????????

3. lancs blue

lancs blue

I thought Aguero's run distracted him tbh, they were both going for more or less the same space at the front post.

4. Rolee

Rolee

Apparently, according to what I've read anyway, he played most of his youth football as a no 10 so no surprise to hear MP thought he was better in that role.

As there's no traditional 10 in a Pep side perhaps he should try develop him as an 8, a false 8, Kev and Dave's positions, whatever you want to call it.

5. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

Believe it or not when you don't get game time you will miss your chances more often than not. If he was 25 then fine, but he isn't, so we need to cut him some slack.

6. waspish

waspish

I would of started him instead of Navas

7. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

His ability to make his presence known in three or four minutes at the end of every game is remarkable.

8. karen7

karen7

Kelechi Iheanacho: "I think I have really done well but I need to keep working and keep improving. I have so many things to improve on."

I thought he could of got longer today,maybe pep didn't want to take anyone off in case it went to extra time

9. Gabriel

Gabriel

He had three small "chances" in the short time he was on the park today, and the speed at which he closed down the goalkeeper shows that he's learning to press at full tilt as well. If we'd scored more earlier, he'd surely have had more playing time.

10. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

Scored for Nigeria tonight in 1 1 draw