Ken Bruce to leave Radio 2

Listened to "Ten to the Top" this morning for the first time. It honestly wasn't as bad as I was expecting. And I got the full 65 points for the first round!

have to agree

it's fine and the presenter doing this is very good, ken bruce style. is he doing this forever now or vernon kay taking over soon ?

have to agree

it's fine and the presenter doing this is very good, ken bruce style. is he doing this forever now or vernon kay taking over soon ?

I think Gary Davies is just filling in until Vernon Kate starts in a couple of weeks. Not sure if the pop quiz remains but it's a suitable replacement for Popmaster, even though the scoring makes me have to reach for my calculator!
Oh, and I got 65 again today on round 2.

Gary Davies is perfect for this.

No to Vernon!

Don't mind Gary Davies even though he's a Rag.
I'll give Vernon a chance. No point slagging him off before he even starts.
I think a lot of people ranting about the upheaval probably don't generally react well to change. Probably the same sort of people who do the same dead end job all their lives, go to the same pub all the time & always go to the same place on holiday every year.

I think a lot of people ranting about the upheaval probably don't generally react well to change.
It's not so much the upheaval of the presenters that people are objecting to. One man's David Silva, is another man's Ashley Grimes, after all.
It's the direction that the station is going.
They're chasing "mood mums" ....30 somethings.
I thought the remit of the BBC was to serve the public, not chase ratings.

The amount of post 2010 music I've heard in the last couple of years is ridiculous. That's not R2's playlist. It's R1's.

....and as for the "patter" of these DJs. Fuck me. You might as well get Gemma Collins in, now. "Text in, and tell us what you're 'avin to eat"

Gary Davies is truly shocking, why does he HAVE TO RAISE his voice every 20 seconds?

As for local BBC radio, where on earth do they get the presenters from, they cannot even talk properly. Becky ( I love that ) Want, is particularly irksome.

I excuse Phil Trow from the above, always very funny and worth a listen.
You speak my language.

10-15 years ago BBC R Manchester's breakfast show was a good listen.
Eamonn and Dianne
Beswick was always good, despite him being a middle class leftie.
Trow and Butterworth were good, too. Trow's nice routine, to counteract Butterworths attack dog.

After that, jeeeez.
The achingly awful Chelsea Norris and now that air head Jamieson. That station isn't going down the pan. It's already at the sewers

I think Gary Davies is just filling in until Vernon Kate starts in a couple of weeks. Not sure if the pop quiz remains but it's a suitable replacement for Popmaster, even though the scoring makes me have to reach for my calculator!
Oh, and I got 65 again today on round 2.
It's the constant music that plays when they are trying to answer. Annoying as fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.