Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is totally how I saw it and I have a very similar opinion of him as well, some on here gave him MOTM as well, however that is more because he is a total favourite who can do no wrong in some people eyes.

He's a fantastic player of that there is little doubt and I say again, what a pass to Sterling, made me forgive the laziness for the goal and the errant passing earlier in the game.
Even if he had gone full speed there's no way he could catch up to Bellerin. Bellerin is one of the fastest if not THE fastest player in the PL, Sane couldn't even outpace him yesterday and neither did Sterling. Which is why Sterling did much better on the right cause he was matched up with Monreal instead of Bellerin.

Even if he had gone full speed there's no way he could catch up to Bellerin. Bellerin is one of the fastest if not THE fastest player in the PL, Sane couldn't even outpace him yesterday and neither did Sterling. Which is why Sterling did much better on the right cause he was matched up with Monreal instead of Bellerin.

Running with and without the ball are totally different, he didnt really try to get back at Bellerin, he idled and he should have picked up his man straight away preventing Cech throwing it out to him in the first place, rather than just staring at his feet, he was as much to blame for their goal as anyone. His passing was average at best, bar the assist and cross to Sterling to head wide, but as a fan favourite can do no wrong in some eyes,

Sané did out pace Bellerin a couple of times, including the time he had his shot saved by Cech - partly due to the fact Bellerin switches off and is used to recovering with his pace, when he did the same against Sané he didn't get near recovering.

Also, KDB's massive error was not losing to Bellerin in a footrace, but walking inside and leaving the whole flank open so Cech's roll out to Bellerin was the obvious choice.

If he'd retreated to his correct position, Cech wouldn't have risked throwing the ball out in the first place, or at the very least would have had to think twice about it, and the counter wouldn't have happened.

It's not a huge error, but I think if there's an area of his game that's weak, I would say it's switching off at transitional moments. Once he's in defend mode he presses and harries very well, but it seems that every now and then he just switches off at the end of an attack and can get caught sleeping.

Can't wait to see Kev and Gaby J on the pitch together.. gaby has that poachers instinct and will find himself at the end of those sublime crosses that Kev puts out in every game.

So... apart from the perfect pass to Sterling, the weighted pass to put Sane in, the brilliant cross for sterlings header, hitting a post and nearly scoring with a deflected shot he was shit... (oh and hunting the ball down endlessly in the second half). Good grief!

So... apart from the perfect pass to Sterling, the weighted pass to put Sane in, the brilliant cross for sterlings header, hitting a post and nearly scoring with a deflected shot he was shit... (oh and hunting the ball down endlessly in the second half). Good grief!
Never good enough for some mate,he is not perfect but very few players are,they are human shock horror

I know mate, pretty sure he's going to be one of the best I'll see for City and imo the most dangerous midfielder in the world yet people can find something to criticise him with, if you can moan about this lad I don't think you will ever be happy with any player, he's fucking awesome

Sané did out pace Bellerin a couple of times, including the time he had his shot saved by Cech - partly due to the fact Bellerin switches off and is used to recovering with his pace, when he did the same against Sané he didn't get near recovering.

Also, KDB's massive error was not losing to Bellerin in a footrace, but walking inside and leaving the whole flank open so Cech's roll out to Bellerin was the obvious choice.

If he'd retreated to his correct position, Cech wouldn't have risked throwing the ball out in the first place, or at the very least would have had to think twice about it, and the counter wouldn't have happened.

It's not a huge error, but I think if there's an area of his game that's weak, I would say it's switching off at transitional moments. Once he's in defend mode he presses and harries very well, but it seems that every now and then he just switches off at the end of an attack and can get caught sleeping.
I agree with that assessment. Tho yesterday I think a couple times Sane tried to skin Bellerin a couple times like he did with Monreal and it didn't quite work.

Running with and without the ball are totally different, he didnt really try to get back at Bellerin, he idled and he should have picked up his man straight away preventing Cech throwing it out to him in the first place, rather than just staring at his feet, he was as much to blame for their goal as anyone. His passing was average at best, bar the assist and cross to Sterling to head wide, but as a fan favourite can do no wrong in some eyes,
I don't get what you mean by his passing being average at best. Yes he didn't get a 90% pass completion rate, but most of his passes are forward passes that went between the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.