Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother using the best crosser of a ball at the club in a wide position?

To who though mate as we have no one in the box.

He can take free kicks etc and use that skill but for me, he has to play centrally to get the best out of him.

To who though mate as we have no one in the box.

He can take free kicks etc and use that skill but for me, he has to play centrally to get the best out of him.

Did he play wide in the first half? Did playing wide force him into careless passing mode? Not playing centrally is just an excuse, especially considering there seem to be no problems with his fitness. A bad game is a bad game, but this does not detract from his brilliance as a player.

Did he play wide in the first half? Did playing wide force him into careless passing mode? Not playing centrally is just an excuse, especially considering there seem to be no problems with his fitness. A bad game is a bad game, but this does not detract from his brilliance as a player.

I dont disagree in that he was abysmal yesterday but i stand by my opinion and that to get the best out of him consistently he needs to be played in behind the striker centrally.

I dont disagree in that he was abysmal yesterday but i stand by my opinion and that to get the best out of him consistently he needs to be played in behind the striker centrally.
Agree. He's much better in a free central position where he can drift out wide to get some crosses in sometimes.

awful at anfield and his overall performances this season has been well below that of last year

I think the three in the back experiment is precisely for that purpose. And I too stand by my opinion that a player with his crossing ability should not be making simple mistakes whenever he plays wide. I heard he has played wide quite well before in his career and in the Chelsea game he created some nice moves from wide positions so I hope one day he will thrive not only in central positions, but also out wide. He will become an even better player than he now is.

I think the three in the back experiment is precisely for that purpose. And I too stand by my opinion that a player with his crossing ability should not be making simple mistakes whenever he plays wide. I heard he has played wide quite well before in his career and in the Chelsea game he created some nice moves from wide positions so I hope one day he will thrive not only in central positions, but also out wide. He will become an even better player than he now is.

My issue with playing him wide right now is that he could have a blinder, beat every full back and put a perfect cross in time and time again but.............we have no fucker in the box, ever to capitalise on it so whats the point?

We just dont play that way im afraid.

My issue with playing him wide right now is that he could have a blinder, beat every full back and put a perfect cross in time and time again but.............we have no fucker in the box, ever to capitalise on it so whats the point?

We just dont play that way im afraid.
Not really, most of the time his crosses, along with simple passes, go awry (we had players inside the box). But in some moments he would pull a world-class pass out of his bag and this offers me hope.

As for having no fucker in the box, this is another issue. But recent games seem to suggest that Pep wants to employ the putting crosses into the box tactic again, hence his persistence with putting KDB wide. I think he crosses better than our wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.