Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
any idea when we will get an annoucment

It's fairly obvious, I'd have thought, that Walker is not "done". If it was, he wouldn't have gone to the Far East with Spurs and played in their match in Hong Kong. Nor would he be figuring prominently in Spurs' social media output, as he currently is.

Far more likely is that City have an agreement with the player and his agent but that there is still a lot of haggling to work through with Spurs. And that means Daniel Levy. And that, in turn, means a long, drawn out and difficult negotiation - Levy's signature strategy being to spend an age reaching an agreement before, with contracts drawn up and ready to be signed, going back to the other side with a higher or lower figure (depending on whether he is selling or buying).

It's fairly obvious, I'd have thought, that Walker is not "done". If it was, he wouldn't have gone to the Far East with Spurs and played in their match in Hong Kong. Nor would he be figuring prominently in Spurs' social media output, as he currently is.

Far more likely is that City have an agreement with the player and his agent but that there is still a lot of haggling to work through with Spurs. And that means Daniel Levy. And that, in turn, means a long, drawn out and difficult negotiation - Levy's signature strategy being to spend an age reaching an agreement before, with contracts drawn up and ready to be signed, going back to the other side with a higher or lower figure (depending on whether he is selling or buying).
+1
Business with Spurs sucks.

Honestly I hope we have an alternative target in mind otherwise we're likely to be screwed.

Personally I'd love walker at the club. Can't believe he's only 26. Seems to have been around ages. Only issue I have is that if he pushes a player in the back when he is clean through on goal and he wears a blue shirt he'll probably get banned for life

Personally I'd love walker at the club. Can't believe he's only 26. Seems to have been around ages. Only issue I have is that if he pushes a player in the back when he is clean through on goal and he wears a blue shirt he'll probably get banned for life

Well today he turned 27 haha but I agree with you.

On a side note, surprised we've kept this as the "Rose & Walker" thread when we're clearly only in for Walker and that's about the only one of the two being discussed.

Well today he turned 27 haha but I agree with you.

On a side note, surprised we've kept this as the "Rose & Walker" thread when we're clearly only in for Walker and that's about the only one of the two being discussed.

That being said, Rose would be a great signing as well if you look past the Utd background.

Well @MCRJON says walker is done so that's good enough for me. It looks like walker maybe had already commited to spurs for their tour so it was easier to let him do that?

Well @MCRJON says walker is done so that's good enough for me. It looks like walker maybe had already commited to spurs for their tour so it was easier to let him do that?
I trust @MCRJON but it is not 100% clear what "done " means?

I am convinced Walker and his agent want to come, he seems estranged to Pochetino, maybe he has had a medical check? but with Levy, I just can't see a smooth transaction until he has completely screwed us over.

I trust @MCRJON but it is not 100% clear what "done " means?

I am convinced Walker and his agent want to come, he seems estranged to Pochetino, maybe he has had a medical check? but with Levy, I just can't see a smooth transaction until he has completely screwed us over.

Maybe we went in with a powerful one and final bid of £50m? No way he was left on the bench without him seeing the spurs season and then leaving imo

Maybe we went in with a powerful one and final bid of £50m? No way he was left on the bench without him seeing the spurs season and then leaving imo

You would advocate a 50m fee for Walker, my god !!!!!!!! There would be absolutely no need for Levy to fuck us over with that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.