Kylian Mbappé

We spend stupid money on this guy then we have nothing left for a Fernandinho replacement.

Not going to happen.

Pity, as he's the right age, skill and temperament to succeed under Pep.
If it comes down to that, I wouldn't mind tbh. I'd rather get him and get a Can on a bossman and properly replace Fernandinho next season. If Mbappe becomes available just go for him.

We spend stupid money on this guy then we have nothing left for a Fernandinho replacement.

Not going to happen.

Pity, as he's the right age, skill and temperament to succeed under Pep.
I think if we get him for say 150m, that's 30m amortisation per year.
Add 15m wages per year.
We save about 15m per year on Yaya wages.
And 15-20m amortisation + wages for yaya replacement (50m plus 150k / week)
Sums up to 45-50m per year.

Thats not infeasible if we assume say 5% rise in revenues that's 20m to cover half of that additional outlay per year.
10% rise or say a 40m jump in sponsorship revenue covers all of that

You can't look at it as spending 150m in that single year, because we won't be buying a 150m player every year.

I think if we get him for say 150m, that's 30m amortisation per year.
Add 15m wages per year.
We save about 15m per year on Yaya wages.
And 15-20m amortisation + wages for yaya replacement (50m plus 150k / week)
Sums up to 45-50m per year.

Thats not infeasible if we assume say 5% rise in revenues that's 20m to cover half of that additional outlay per year.
10% rise or say a 40m jump in sponsorship revenue covers all of that

You can't look at it as spending 150m in that single year, because we won't be buying a 150m player every year.
Toure's on about £5M. Better do your sums again.

Budget which has been mentioned in the press is 200m and 100m if it is the lower of the two cant see us bidding for this guy, but what Pep wants are young players he can mould into the players he needs.

You simply don't know that.
Yeah good call. It actually does make more sense for them to sell the 19 year old French phenom they spent €180m on last year than it does to sell some combination of Draxler, Di Maria, and other flotsam. It's so clear now

Have they spent anything on him yet?

I thought he was an loan with an option for PSG to buy at 145m euros.
Who knows how the payments are structured but they definitely will. He moved on loan with a compulsory option to buy this summer if PSG avoided relegation from Ligue 1, which they have obviously. I'm not sure where this idea that "actually we should be negotiating with Monaco" came from either.

Who knows how the payments are structured but they definitely will. He moved on loan with a compulsory option to buy this summer if PSG avoided relegation from Ligue 1, which they have obviously. I'm not sure where this idea that "actually we should be negotiating with Monaco" came from either.

I assume that's because they probably still hold his registration and if PSG back out of the deal (if they are able and want to), then Monaco would have to sell him to somebody else. I expect PSG will complete the deal though.

Yeah good call. It actually does make more sense for them to sell the 19 year old French phenom they spent €180m on last year than it does to sell some combination of Draxler, Di Maria, and other flotsam. It's so clear now

It actually is a good call. Because you simply don't know if they will need to sell anyone. You can try to put words in my mouth, but I have never said it makes sense to sell him. I have simply said you know fuck all, which is undeniably true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.