Kylian Mbappé

The proposed Saudi deal stinks. Real want Mbappe and he only wants them. Real can’t afford the price PSG would charge for Mbappe this summer despite him having one year left on his deal. PSG can’t afford to lose him for free. A Saudi bid arrives for €300m that will be a single season contract that will see PSG get a record fee. Real will get their man next summer for free. Mbappe will be close to a billionaire by next season.
So I take it FFP isn't implemented in Saudi?
If not, why not? If they're not held accountable to the same rules then they should be scrapped for all of us!

Don't know what job you do, but Rishi and Jeremy just decided your salary cap is £50pw. You could move to a competitor but they couldn't pay you any more.

You ok with that?
I’d do a different job that pays a higher salary. And so would everyone else so they would have to put the pay up.

In all seriousness. We are talking about an industry that pays obscene salaries. It would be a fifa directive worldwide not government.
I know it’s not an easy thing to do but I believe something has to be done. Even before the Saudi game changer.

Iv said before, I think the Saudi league will only go so far due to their culture.

However, if you can earn the same amount for 1 season in Saudi than you can for 10 in the prem. we have to be prepared to succumb to greedy agents who will advise their clients to do the year or two in Saudi

If not, why not? If they're not held accountable to the same rules then they should be scrapped for all of us!

FFP is UEFA’s gig, to entrench the old guard and protect against competition.

Saudi is outside of their jurisdiction, so UEFA have no authority to dictate how they run their clubs - and no capacity limit their investment.

They don’t compete in the CL, so are out of scope.

It’s a UEFA rule, so I’m pretty sure the only way it could impact the Saudi teams is if a deal for a UEFA licensed player was deemed way over market value, and even then not sure what could actually happen.

Not a chance that 1 year contract is real. The Saudis are crazy rich but they’re not that fucking daft. Basically a £1 billion project for a year. Not believing that

I’d do a different job that pays a higher salary. And so would everyone else so they would have to put the pay up.

In all seriousness. We are talking about an industry that pays obscene salaries. It would be a fifa directive worldwide not government.
I know it’s not an easy thing to do but I believe something has to be done. Even before the Saudi game changer.

Iv said before, I think the Saudi league will only go so far due to their culture.

However, if you can earn the same amount for 1 season in Saudi than you can for 10 in the prem. we have to be prepared to succumb to greedy agents who will advise their clients to do the year or two in Saudi
Sorry, but it's rank hypocrisy to be arsed about this now just because the Saudis have upped the stakes. None of us were arsed when the pl money was dragging all the best players here. It's a new challenge, and we either have to compete or deal with it rather than just crying like the rags because someone can outspend us instead of it being dead fair when we outspent everyone.

There's a quote from Lebron early in his career when asked what salary it would take for him to play in Turkey (or China). Think he said $75 million. This was when he made about $30 million. All these guys are earning a living in their career. I don't blame any of these guys for grabbing the bag if it's that big of a difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.