Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such an incredible prospect, but if Hazard goes to Real and Costa to China we will have very stiff competition

Wow, it's like you tried to fit as many clichés into one comment as possible!

In France he plays more games in a season than us, and because of their winter break, they fit max. 63 games into 3 fewer weeks than us.

They play against teams so rough and agricultural that they don't risk playing Falcao incase someone fucks his knee up again.

And he's Frances biggest hope in a decade playing in France, you think he's not aware of media pressure?

Your got what I saying though

There is knowing about media pressure and dealing with it when as a player you go through bad spell and at 18 he hasnt had one yet. So we dont know how he will react.

They said the same about Rooney.

£30m was an insane amount of money for an 18-year-old kid at the time.
We should be careful. For every rooney there are 2 or 3 andy carrol/ luke shaw/ de maria. I am not saying we shouldnt move for mbappe. Just must be careful. Anyways exciting player he is.

Far too expensive even in this market. Having said that, he's kind of a freakish physical specimen so I think we ought to buy him anyway. For science.

He's not coming this summer and his price is already stupidly high, you're not "saving a fortune" buying him this summer at all costs. He's only worth what a club are willing to pay and if they raise it too high too soon(which it sounds like they already have... maybe deliberately because they want to keep him another season) nobody will go in for him, so the price will have to drop when they need to cash in on him. I just think people are setting themselves up for a disappointment expecting him to be a summer signing for us personally, it would be nice add him to our attack for the next season but this isn't a FIFA video game. Hopefully we'll get Mbappé in another window but for now we'll just have to "make do" with a player being lauded by Brazilian legends old and new from Pelé to Ronaldinho to Neymar...

Last edited:
His price is only ever going one way.

He stays another year at Monaco, he will definitely score another shedload and the price next year will be another £25m on top.

If a club can afford it, you do it this summer.
I want Mbappe as much as the next guy, but I'm of the opinion his value will not increase. He is very good. But world record fee would not get larger btw this year and next. And if we are going to pay WR fees, I want more evidence. This is not enough.

He's not coming this summer and his price is already stupidly high, you're not "saving a fortune" buying him this summer at all costs. He's only worth what a club are willing to pay and if they raise it too high too soon(which it sounds like they already have... maybe deliberately because they want to keep him another season) nobody will go in for him, so the price will have to drop when they need to cash in on him. I just think people are setting themselves up for a disappointment expecting him to be a summer signing for us personally, it would be nice add him to our attack for the next season but this isn't a FIFA video game. Hopefully we'll get Mbappé in another window but for now we'll just have to "make do" with a player being lauded by Brazilian legends old and new from Pelé to Ronaldinho to Neymar...

I mean, whether we get Mbappe or not, it's unlikely we'll simply "make do" with what we have up front.

I mean, whether we get Mbappe or not, it's unlikely we'll simply "make do" with what we have up front.
I don't follow you... did you not get the sarcasm there? We have one of the hottest prospects in world football to be excited about already, we have Sané and Sterling who are developing a great partnership on and off the field too but it was more about not obsessing over Mbappé than anything else.

If you mean we still might strengthen upfront... true enough but only after other areas of the pitch are addressed and only at the right price for the right player... we absolutely shouldn't be desperate to get Mbappé this summer as some are suggesting. I say Pep will have a good look at Moreno and Roberts before spending more up front, isn't Mbappé a wide player rather than an out and out striker also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.