Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
For fuck sake man, just come out and say it. The facts suggests Aguero will not be an upgrade for PSG. He wouldn't. They are different types of strikers and are both close to the top of the pile.

Aguero is better for us and Cavani is better for them. @Metalartin need to Argue Aguero is better is just a blue tinted position.

Aguero is great, and there are other great strikers too. Cavani being one of them. Aguero might be better in a vacuum (arguably), but he is clearly not better for PSG. And Cavani has been a better striker this year for PSG than Aguero has been for City.

So no Aguero is not and should not be an option for PSG.
Agüero would score 40+ if he played in France.

Similar to Bernardo Silva who is one of those players that if available you blow the transfer budget on but we need other players first.

I think sometimes you need to put what Mbappé is doing into context. He's going to score 20 goals at 18 years old.

Aguero was 20 the first time he got over 20 goals in a season.

Messi was 22
Higuain was 20
Suarez was 21
C.Ronaldo was 22
Cavani was 24
Ibrahimovic was 23
Rooney was 21
Aubameyang was 24 (also in France)
Dybala was 22
Falcao - 23
Icardi was 22
Lewandowski was 20
Griezmann was 23
Sanchez was 25
Müller was 24
Benzema was 21
Kane was 22
Diego Costa was 25
Lukaku was 19

If you want to go back a while...

Tevez 21
Fernando Torres 20
Eto'o - 23
Totti - 26
Batistuta - 25
Del Piero - 23
Henry 23
Shearer 22 (and in a longer season)
Van Nistelrooy 23
Raúl 19

Mbappe turned 18 in December remember.

Young players don't get that many goals. They aren't supposed to. Even the very best teenage strikers usually only show little hints of how good they could be, they don't discover the consistency to score 20+ goals a season for 3 or 4 years.

And then, Mbappé isn't just doing this as a teenager, he's doing it in his debut season. That's why we wanted to pay £40m for him last summer and why there's so much of a fuss over him...he's absolutely destroying the achievements of the worlds best strikers when they were his age, and he's doing it from a standing start.

I don't know if we're going to sign him, I'd be really, really sad to see Sergio go, the amount of money it would cost would be insane - but people seem to just not really be getting why his exploits this season are attracting the attention they have been. This is why.

To be honest I'm surprised how much people are undervaluing him in here after the CL games against Monaco, because everyone was fucking terrified of him when he got the ball.

This should be on every page. Very impressive. Just one point. You should probably update the list with ages of these strikers the first time they hit 30 goals in a season because that is a number I could easily see him reaching. Really interested to see how he performs in the League Cup Final this Saturday against PSG and in the CL games against B. Dortmund.

Comparisons to Martial? haha Mbappe right now is 10 times the player Martial will ever be. How anyone can even make those comparisons and say things like its his first season, lets see what he does next year is beyond me. This kid is absolute class and will probably be scoring 30+ goals a season for the next 10 years at least.

Among his many attributes, one of the most important is that he is humble and will keep his head down, work hard and improve. This is the same reason that I believe Sane, Sterling, and Jesus will become greats and will reach their potential and the same reason a player like Pogba never will. You can have all the potential in the wrong but who cares if you're more focused on dance moves, dabbing, and cringe worthy celebrations.

If Mbappe wants to join, you pay the fee, whatever it is. He is going to be a superstar and would join our 3 gems in what would be the most fearsome attack in all of Europe behind MSN (for now).

This should be on every page. Very impressive. Just one point. You should probably update the list with ages of these strikers the first time they hit 30 goals in a season because that is a number I could easily see him reaching. Really interested to see how he performs in the League Cup Final this Saturday against PSG and in the CL games against B. Dortmund.

Comparisons to Martial? haha Mbappe right now is 10 times the player Martial will ever be. How anyone can even make those comparisons and say things like its his first season, lets see what he does next year is beyond me. This kid is absolute class and will probably be scoring 30+ goals a season for the next 10 years at least.

Among his many attributes, one of the most important is that he is humble and will keep his head down, work hard and improve. This is the same reason that I believe Sane, Sterling, and Jesus will become greats and will reach their potential and the same reason a player like Pogba never will. You can have all the potential in the wrong but who cares if you're more focused on dance moves, dabbing, and cringe worthy celebrations.

If Mbappe wants to join, you pay the fee, whatever it is. He is going to be a superstar and would join our 3 gems in what would be the most fearsome attack in all of Europe behind MSN (for now).

A Sterling, Sané, Jesus, Mbappé forward line, even with only 3/4 playing at any one time would be like someone playing Fifa and buying up all the wonderkids.

A Sterling, Sané, Jesus, Mbappé forward line, even with only 3/4 playing at any one time would be like someone playing Fifa and buying up all the wonderkids.

But then if someone gets injured or has a loss of form or confidence.........

I would expect 3 of the 4 to start. Win-win really. Competition makes everyone better and there is more than enough games to go around.

haha It would be exactly like that. I see very few wonderkids at the level or better than the 3 that we have but Mbappe is certainly one of them, maybe the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.