Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for the fucking sarcasm and smugness, as per
There's always a need, especially when sentimentality towards children clouds things.

Fwiw, I don't want Aguero sold either and don't think he should be. But if we had to sacrifice him to get Mbappe then I'd do it in a sad heartbeat. Your kid can get a new top like I did when we sold White. That sentence alone should tell you that kids are spoilt football wise these days compared with the heartbreak we put up with.

I think it's been said on several occasions that the only way Kun is leaving is if he wants to leave...

Yeah, the implication is that when he realises he's Pep's 3rd choice striker, he's going to leave. I don't think anyone expects him to be told to pack his bags.

Says who? He obviously didn't mind signing for their direct rivals and ending all chance of playing for his club at 21.

Mbappe is a huge childhood Madrid fan. He now has the choice between Madrid or us. Isco didn't have to pick between signing for Madrid or Barcelona because they weren't trying to sign him. It was a strange example to use when the situations aren't similar in the slightest.

Mbappe is a huge childhood Madrid fan. He now has the choice between Madrid or us. Isco didn't have to pick between signing for Madrid or Barcelona because they weren't trying to sign him. It was a strange example to use when the situations aren't similar in the slightest.

He had the choice to go to us or Real.

If you're a City fan, would you choose going to Barca or United? Because I know I wouldn't go to United.

Why are people constantly wondering will he go or won’t he. Aguero is obviously a main part of our plans. The chairman stated it clearly in a pre planed edited club interview, if he didn’t want to discuss it the question would not have been asked.

He was making a statement of intent

Unless he wants to go I think is the point.

Just 18 years of age and we have two of his former team mates who helped him deliver such impressive stats last season (there's also Tony Martial in Manchester who he no doubt had some kind of relationship when at Monaco). We also have a far younger group of attacking talent than Real Madrid also. Add to it a great manager renowned for developing talent, being able to really be a part of a potentially history making squad and still being young enough to follow the route C. Ronaldo did should he choose, I think there's a huge amount of attraction.

There's much sense in the above, and you can add to the mix it being a lot less intimidating for a young lad coming to us, vs going to probably the biggest club in the world with the spotlight that goes with it. Plus, the Premier League still holds a great appeal for many players.

On the downside, Manchester is a fucking dump and the weather is appalling. I'm allowed to say it as it is, since I am a Manc. A bit like blacks being OK to use the N word.

If this is on then we need to blow RM out of the water whatever it takes , even if it takes £200mill, and I'll give you my reason. I'm not saying this because I'm trying yo spend someone else's money, it could even be argued that we don't really need him just at the moment.
You only have to look through this thread to see that a lot of our fans seem to have an inferiority complex when it comes to going head to head with RM to sign players. It is so for a reason and it needs to change. That reason is that although we are a rich club, our image and status needs to catch up. In short we need an "Aguerooooo" moment in the transfer market. We need players, fans and clubs alike to sit up and take notice. We need the clubs to fear us, and the players to respect us and take us seriously when we come calling. Not only will this signing propel us to a different level in terms of playing ability but it will announce us as serious players in the hierarchy of European clubs. I know we still have to win the CL but a transfer made against the odds like this one would be priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.