Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like all the papers were linking us to Bernardo Silva?

this is much bigger, more covered transfer for long period of time, I wouldn't compare the two. The whole world of media is looking for hints here whole summer. Of course we could suddenly send some offer Monaco would accept and all that, but my feeling is we've pulled out of this one.

If we are still interested in him I think we're playing it perfectly.

On the wave of last season and all of the comments from the managers of top teams, Monaco created a hugely wild and frankly idiotic valuation of him. Slowly but surely, these teams have dropped off. Arsenal seemingly made a bid which wasn't enough so bought Lacazette, Madrid have been open that they would need to sell to bring him in and none of their stars (or mostly Bale) are prepared to move and it's perhaps a year too soon for them. That left us and PSG. Pep has mentioned his interest and since then we've been quiet, stony quiet.

Now, Monaco are left with a problem. Their valuation is lunacy and the bidding war they anticipated has not happened. As things stand (and from what's reported), PSG are the only club at the table (and even they seem to be distancing themselves) - the last club Monaco would want to sell to. There's also questions around PSG's ability to afford such a transfer after Neymar although that's another conversation entirely.

They need to sell him this year. They've shown their hand by leaving him out of the starting eleven for the Dijon game and by not pushing him to commit to a new deal. As it stands, they've a player they aren't playing, on a low wage, with now new contract likely and no buyers bar PSG. From a position of seeming power, Monaco are now in a weak position.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if he ended up here for circa £80mil with a few add-ons.

On the wave of last season and all of the comments from the managers of top teams, Monaco created a hugely wild and frankly idiotic valuation of him. Slowly but surely, these teams have dropped off. Arsenal seemingly made a bid which wasn't enough so bought Lacazette, Madrid have been open that they would need to sell to bring him in and none of their stars (or mostly Bale) are prepared to move and it's perhaps a year too soon for them. That left us and PSG. Pep has mentioned his interest and since then we've been quiet, stony quiet.

Now, Monaco are left with a problem. Their valuation is lunacy and the bidding war they anticipated has not happened. As things stand (and from what's reported), PSG are the only club at the table (and even they seem to be distancing themselves) - the last club Monaco would want to sell to. There's also questions around PSG's ability to afford such a transfer after Neymar although that's another conversation entirely.

They need to sell him this year. They've shown their hand by leaving him out of the starting eleven for the Dijon game and by not pushing him to commit to a new deal. As it stands, they've a player they aren't playing, on a low wage, with now new contract likely and no buyers bar PSG. From a position of seeming power, Monaco are now in a weak position.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if he ended up here for circa £80mil with a few add-ons.
How long have you been at Carlsberg?

Not often that I agree with Marvin but I do here that Monaco doesn't have particularly strong position here. It's only PSG's notgivefuckiness that could award them with more than 100m + some eventual add ons here.

Pep was not happy with our attack last year, otherwise he wouldn't bemoan missed chances after almost each game. Nor he'd be interested in spending some 150 mil on Sanchez and Mbappe if he was happy with our attack. That's the fact, but some of you just don't want to accept it because not happy with attack means Pep doesn't view Aguero in same eyes as you do and that's enough for rational thinking to stop functioning. No sane manager would be happy with our strikers last season after we lost many, many points and missed CL quarters because they were misssing sitters left, right and center.

I agree, in fact compared to our defence they got away with it.

It would have been helpful if they collectively managed to hit the target with their errant shots. Not sure who the main culprits were but the number of shots that simply missed the target was a main concern for Pep and he struggled all season to get the players to convert the many chances they got into shots on target.

The fee seems incredibly low, but the situation not infeasible.

Someone is haggling right now, City, PSG or Real and Mbappe is aiding them.

PSG´s ability to afford is for them to decide because accounts are not due for some time but can they afford to gamble that a fire sale of high value players will realise the needed cash to balance the books.
They most certainly can afford the transaction but is the cost worth it to them at the value suggested ?

Your valuation sits better with the same problem City would have if they bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.