Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, in fact compared to our defence they got away with it.

It would have been helpful if they collectively managed to hit the target with their errant shots. Not sure who the main culprits were but the number of shots that simply missed the target was a main concern for Pep and he struggled all season to get the players to convert the many chances they got into shots on target.

It's 10 times easier to be striker than defense or goalkeeper.

Striker can miss empty goal once per game but score once per game and he'll be hailed as second coming because he scored 38 goals per season. Goalkeeper can make 3 saves per game but make an error once in 3 games and he'd be considered shit. And goal is a goal, either missed on attacking end or conceded. Same with defense - their main job is to defend and they can stop 50 attacks per game but if they once were not perfect at defending and concede everyone will talk that defense is shit. Midfield is probably the best place to play and eventually cruise through the game without having huge responsibility, but after that being striker is a dream compared to defenders and goalkeepers. And they are paid twice as much.

It's 10 times easier to be striker than defense or goalkeeper.

Striker can miss empty goal once per game but score once per game and he'll be hailed as second coming because he scored 38 goals per season. Goalkeeper can make 3 saves per game but make an error once in 3 games and he'd be considered shit. And goal is a goal, either missed on attacking end or conceded. Same with defense - their main job is to defend and they can stop 50 attacks per game but if they once were not perfect at defending and concede everyone will talk that defense is shit. Midfield is probably the best place to play and eventually cruise through the game without having huge responsibility, but after that being striker is a dream compared to defenders and goalkeepers. And they are paid twice as much.

If you've played the game at any decent level you would know that the hardest thing to do is score a goal. That's why in 90 minutes you rarely get games finish 10-10.

If you've played the game at any decent level you would know that the hardest thing to do is score a goal. That's why in 90 minutes you rarely get games finish 10-10.

I think defence and keepers have their part in them not finishing 10-10 too.

I'd rather be striker than defender.

However if you have watched decent level football for any length of time you know that some strikers manage to hit the target regularly and from that high percentage goals arrive. Some I watch can score others cannot.

Last season City had a strike force that was unable to hit the target regularly.

My point is that scoring goals may be the hardest thing to do but surely troubling the defence by hitting the target is a necessary initial part of that armoury that those who shoot at that level should have. Pep is also troubled by that problem.
Obviously a percentage of that on target count will be saved and the rest are goals.

Pep was not happy with our attack last year, otherwise he wouldn't bemoan missed chances after almost each game. Nor he'd be interested in spending some 150 mil on Sanchez and Mbappe if he was happy with our attack. That's the fact, but some of you just don't want to accept it because not happy with attack means Pep doesn't view Aguero in same eyes as you do and that's enough for rational thinking to stop functioning. No sane manager would be happy with our strikers last season after we lost many, many points and missed CL quarters because they were misssing sitters left, right and center.

There is a subtle but obvious difference, to not being happy with the attack and not being happy with the attackers.

Not if you're playing against West Ham it isn't. Useless f*ckers lay down, and let the sc*m trample all over them, without a murmur yesterday :-(

Not often that I agree with Marvin but I do here that Monaco doesn't have particularly strong position here. It's only PSG's notgivefuckiness that could award them with more than 100m + some eventual add ons here.
Martin*

(That's why it wasn't a load of crap)

Spurs reported to agreed personal terms with Serge Aurier. That's not good, but PSG need more sales to push through a deal for Mbappe.

Spurs reported to agreed personal terms with Serge Aurier. That's not good, but PSG need more sales to push through a deal for Mbappe.
Where is he going to play? They already have the two best right full backs in Europe in Trippier and Walker Peters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.