Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think 'not in form' is an understatement! Woefully out of form would be more accurate.
We're 2 games into the season. We desperately need Mendy fit & to get cover for him. Yes there's some fine tuning needed, but last nights results will now give fans a more realistic perspective over the season ahead & will concentrate the players minds.

It also wasn't lost on me that we looked far more dangerous with one striker & with Sterling on. We have tactical options & we need to use them. We've tried one system at home that we've struggled with, hopefully now we'll give another system a try, as I don't think 3 at the back was necessary against an Everton team intent on frustrating us & survival.

We're 2 games into the season. We desperately need Mendy fit & to get cover for him. Yes there's some fine tuning needed, but last nights results will now give fans a more realistic perspective over the season ahead & will concentrate the players minds.

It also wasn't lost on me that we looked far more dangerous with one striker & with Sterling on. We have tactical options & we need to use them. We've tried one system at home that we've struggled with, hopefully now we'll give another system a try, as I don't think 3 at the back was necessary against an Everton team intent on frustrating us & survival.

Many teams now simply surrender our half of the field so as not to be stretched then defend in numbers in their half filling the holes that appear with the full area populated..
Unless we find a way to score or even shoot on target through a 10 man defense we will be vulnerable to a fast counter attack giving the opposition the type of fast direct chances they deny us.

Don't know what the answer is but we still generate chances but they are not taken. Whether that is because the chances are now of a different type because of packed defence or our shots are simply inadequate or something else totally different I do not know but opposing teams simply rely on our chronic inaccuracy and allow us to fire blanks as part of their defensive strategy.
Somehow their chance or chances during the game seems to have an end product rather than yet another shot off target.

Many teams now simply surrender our half of the field so as not to be stretched then defend in numbers in their half filling the holes that appear with the full area populated..
Unless we find a way to score or even shoot on target through a 10 man defense we will be vulnerable to a fast counter attack giving the opposition the type of fast direct chances they deny us.

Don't know what the answer is but we still generate chances but they are not taken. Whether that is because the chances are now of a different type because of packed defence or our shots are simply inadequate or something else totally different I do not know but opposing teams simply rely on our chronic inaccuracy and allow us to fire blanks as part of their defensive strategy.
Somehow their chance or chances during the game seems to have an end product rather than yet another shot off target.

conceding possession is the solution. let them bring the ball out and hit them when they are out of shape and disorganized.

This PSG loan deal with an option to sign next season sounds ludicrous. Surely we could stump up the cash and get it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.