Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think theres a chance for City but not at 180m. Monaco seem to be in the situation where they either take the money from the rivals or lower the price and he goes elsewhere.

Which makes me think we have something else in the pipeline

giphy.gif

Needed v Liverpool ;)

Many teams now simply surrender our half of the field so as not to be stretched then defend in numbers in their half filling the holes that appear with the full area populated..
Unless we find a way to score or even shoot on target through a 10 man defense we will be vulnerable to a fast counter attack giving the opposition the type of fast direct chances they deny us.

Don't know what the answer is but we still generate chances but they are not taken. Whether that is because the chances are now of a different type because of packed defence or our shots are simply inadequate or something else totally different I do not know but opposing teams simply rely on our chronic inaccuracy and allow us to fire blanks as part of their defensive strategy.
Somehow their chance or chances during the game seems to have an end product rather than yet another shot off target.
We have 2 world class strikers who have goals in them & I'm sure with a bit of fine tuning, they'll start finding the net sooner rather than later.

In terms of teams parking the bus, one thing I've noticed this season so far is that we're the only club that other teams are doing this to, which shows how feared we are.

Swansea & WHU tried to play against ManUre, Newcastle played against Spurs, Liverpool struggled in their first 2 matches as did Arsenal, and we saw what happened to Chelsea on the opening day.

However, with our first two matches we faced team buses parked in front of their goal mouths. I agree with most that Pep got the formation wrong against Everton because Damilo was less than impressive as a left wing back against BHA & Sane IS NOT a wing back.

Our 3 at the back formation requires Walker/Danilo on the right & Mendy (injured) and A Nother on the left. Because of this, Pep has tried to fit square pegs in round holes & we've struggled. He also saw how Everton targeted our defensive left, which is why he switched Otamendi & Kompany. He'll also knows that other clubs will attempt the same until he plugs this gap.

In terms of our striking options, we only have Aguero & Jesus. There is no chance that we'll continue playing both of them after the international break when the League Cup & Champions League kick in & we start playing 3 matches a week. We will have to rotate & this will determine our future formations, as I think Pep will substitute an attacker for an additional attacking midfielder.

I honestly think that because of the money we've spent in this window so far, that many think we'll hit the ground running straight away. Well many thought just the arrival of Pep last season would guarantee us the title, and look how that ended up!

Chelsea started shit last season, but once Conte had got used to the league & his players, Chelsea made up for their poor start & stormed to the league title. It will take us time to bed in & we will just have to adjust to other teams' reluctance to play against us.

I'm sure given time it will come together. Many won't thank me for saying this, but I don't believe we'll see the best of our team until next season, & I don't think we'll see the full results of Pep's tenure until 2019/20.

This is how badly damaged our club was. FFP & our previous manager devasted us, and I always believed it would take hundreds of millions, a manager like Guardiola & 3-4 seasons of solid growth before we reach our peak of 2012 & progress beyond it. We just need to have patience & have faith in Pep & our owner.

I can't think of two better people & the team behind them who are better placed in world football to get us to where we need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.