La Liga want Man City investigation

FFP was used as a vehicle to prevent new money sharing in a cartel of footballs global opportunity.
PSG and City scraped in before its full purpose was put in place but it had the embarrassing effect of highlighting financial defects in some of its partners re Milan clubs.

Now that money flows freely the clubs that plough more back into football from their profits attract the better players so those that previously saw their personal share increasing must get it from the amount they can pay players.
Similarly those that pay for the best managers will attract best players and presumably develop the best teams.

We now get previous historically superior Leagues having the audacity to cry foul when their own greed prevents them from running their businesses more efficiently and ploughing more of their profits back into their protected cartel.

FFP was used as a vehicle to prevent new money sharing in a cartel of footballs global opportunity.
PSG and City scraped in before its full purpose was put in place but it had the embarrassing effect of highlighting financial defects in some of its partners re Milan clubs.

Now that money flows freely the clubs that plough more back into football from their profits attract the better players so those that previously saw their personal share increasing must get it from the amount they can pay players.
Similarly those that pay for the best managers will attract best players and presumably develop the best teams.

We now get previous historically superior Leagues having the audacity to cry foul when their own greed prevents them from running their businesses more efficiently and ploughing more of their profits back into their protected cartel.
Agreed.

The fact La Liga finances are so heavily skewed toward Barca & Real in particular was always risky. If those 2 hit the wall, Spanish football hits the wall with them.

The PL is a totally different matter though. In a season without ManUre, Liverpool or Chelsea in the CL, the PL still grew & got stronger all round. Instead of pointing fingers at City & PSG in isolation, they should take a look at the PL model & a look at themselves too.

The world was OK when Franco bankrolled Real & they won everything in sight & continually broke & set new world records, so because they're no longer the financial top dogs, they have issues with the 'new money' who are?

Their bleating is frankly laughable!

Agreed.

The fact La Liga finances are so heavily skewed toward Barca & Real in particular was always risky. If those 2 hit the wall, Spanish football hits the wall with them.

The PL is a totally different matter though. In a season without ManUre, Liverpool or Chelsea in the CL, the PL still grew & got stronger all round. Instead of pointing fingers at City & PSG in isolation, they should take a look at the PL model & a look at themselves too.

The world was OK when Franco bankrolled Real & they won everything in sight & continually broke & set new world records, so because they're no longer the financial top dogs, they have issues with the 'new money' who are?

Their bleating is frankly laughable!

As you say the PL is really their beef if it is a genuinly La Liga complaint.
For some reason the PL gets BT and Sky to pay massively so as you say find a way to emulate that model but to attack City is incorrect and should be defended by the PL.

The cartel football provides is indefensible from a normal legal standpoint but frankly City benefit from it and have shown that then applying a continuing investement plan we improve and improve our team rather than relying on historical preferences to continue indefinitely.

I guess it has already been said, but what I want to point out was that besides the vast amounts of state support that it got since the Franco era, they have also embraced the Emirati shilling of late in the form of sponsorship from the likes of Emirates Airline and IPIC (whos chairman is of course the owner of City). So really for a club that invented "financial doping" they have no case to answer.

In fact I do wish our owners could persuade their Dubai associates to get Emirates Airline to dump their sponsorship of both Real and Arsenal (the deal with PSG will end soon enough) and use the money to sponsor us, especially if Emirates and Eithad merge in the near future. I mean we could do with another £50 million or so ourselves.

As you say the PL is really their beef if it is a genuinely La Liga complaint.
For some reason the PL gets BT and Sky to pay massively so as you say find a way to emulate that model but to attack City is incorrect and should be defended by the PL.

The cartel football provides is indefensible from a normal legal standpoint but frankly City benefit from it and have shown that then applying a continuing investment plan we improve and improve our team rather than relying on historical preferences to continue indefinitely.
Spot on mate!

It sound like they have no issue with competition from their fellow G14 members and Chelsea, but a club owned by an Arab providing competition to Europe's Ruling football elite? No bloody chance!

Where'd you get that 85% figure from?

I was wondering that. I’d be interested to know if there’s a breakdown available anywhere, detailing which of our sponsors gives us what. £40m a season from Etihad is well known, as is £12m a year from Nike, and I’ve seen the Nissan deal estimated at £4m a year for 5 years, but beyond that I’m in the dark. What do we get from Nexen Tires, QNet, Etisalat or TCA Abu Dhabi?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.