Lacazette

only for the PL but decent new signings won't come if they are excluded from the CL squad and the 4 locally trained spots will be filled by Hart, Clichy, Delph and presumably Sterling - no room for any more unless we ditch some foreign trained players.
The foreign players are there to be ditched though to be fair, big willy, Sagna, demichellis, kolorov, fernando, navas, nasri, jovetic and dzeko. All of these could be easily upgraded and 1 4 1'd for eg. Nando-pogba jovetic-de bruyne dzeko-sterling nasri-gotze navas-Patrick Roberts. Then fill squad out with denayer lopes nacho Evans and gunn.

And you would imagine people who have watched him, & want to sign him, would know this.
But probably saw him collect the ball in a wide position on the youtube highlights.
I wasn't entirely sold on him before. It's right that he's not a wide player of the Bale type but he will indeed fit into the 4-5-1 system in which MP generally prefers attacking midfielders that play closer to the centre. He gives us a good alternative for striker and can also play in Navas' position so could get a fair bit of game time.

I can also imagine us having both the Ligue 1 player of the year along with the Bundesliga player of the year as quite a statement by itself.

I wasn't entirely sold on him before - it's right that he's not a wide player of the Bale type but he will indeed fit into the 4-5-1 system in which MP prefers generally attacking midfielders that play closer to the centre. He gives us a good alternative for striker and can also play in Navas' position so could get a fair bit of game time.

I can also imagine us having both the Ligue 1 player of the year along with the Bundesliga player of the year as quite a statement by itself.
If he was playing in a 451 he would take the '1' position imo. He wouldn't be better than Sterling DeBruyne, Silva as one of the 5. And imo he wouldn't be better than Aguero or Bony in the striker position. I hope we don't sign a striker unless we plan to continue a 4222 formation.

If he was playing in a 451 he would take the '1' position imo. He wouldn't be better than Sterling DeBruyne, Silva as one of the 5. And imo he wouldn't be better than Aguero or Bony in the striker position. I hope we don't sign a striker unless we plan to continue a 4222 formation.
Yep that's why I was bringing him up as an alternative to Sterling if the deal doesn't happen.

Apparently he has favourited a tweet that "explicitly linked" him with a move to the Emirates. Since removed it after the attention it drew. Building quite a team Arsenal if this happens.

No room for him here with Aguero and Bony.

I just hope he doesn't go to Arsenal, United or Liverpool, I think he's a top striker and could be a big hit at one of those clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.