Laser eye surgery

I had it done 18 years ago. These days I have to wear reading glasses but my long version is still near perfect.

I had it done in 2005 at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. I did a lot of research beforehand and paid top-dollar to have the very best surgeon and technology that money could buy. To be fair, I enjoyed amazingly good vision for about the next eight years, then I began to need glasses for reading (which was inevitable as we all tend to get short-sighted as we age). One year ago, my distance (and night) vision began to deteriorate markedly. The speed that it worsened was really quite scary and I now again need to wear glasses full-time to correct my eyesight (I'm not a suitable candidate for further laser-surgery). Trouble is, over the past week, I find myself struggling to see things clearly and I'm pretty sure I'll have to have my prescription increased.

Now, I'm not saying all, or any of this is as a result of the laser-surgery, but I do think there should be more studies of the long-term implications of it.

Had a detached retina which involved drilling holes in your eye ball ,deflating it,laser surgery and pumping it up with gas and plugging it up again !
Had it done under local anaesthetic as well.
Enjoy your tea !

About 10 years ago i was working in a lot of hazardous areas doing long hours etc. Therefore i was finding contact lenses were leaving me with permanent red eyes, and glasses were a pain to wear as i needed to wear safety glasses/googles over them in a lot of places. Also it didn't help that i was surveying a lot of overhead pipework etc and finding i was having to tilt my head back a lot further than usual to actually see through the glasses, which starting causing muscle problems in my neck & back. Only other option was to get a pair of glasses like those that that snooker player from a few years back had (which probably wouldn't' have fitted under safety googles anyhow)

So i decided to have laser eye surgery, and its been worth every penny i spent. A few times i've found certain lights at night to be a bit 'glary', but haven't had any other problems.

Strange that all the experts, consultants and surgeons all wear glasses
And if you knew the answer to that, you would fell like a pillock for saying it!

Oh well....blissful.

FWIW, my wife had it and when she went outside, she cried at what she had been missing all those years.
If your eye surgeon says you can benefit, and it is affordable to you, as long as you understand there are a few risks, it has benefited thousands upon thousands of people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.