Last Film You Saw

I wouldn't be using something that happened so long ago to form a generalisation about white people today. In fact even then it wasn't all white people.
You have to admit white Americans always leave a bit of wriggle room just so they could throw in some excuse or rationale behind why some evil acts weren't exactly evil in "hindsight" example DeSantis rebranding slavery as more of an "economic and educational exchange" experience.

Besides the events the movie was based on didn't happen a very long time ago. The American government could easily right the wrongs that was done if they wanted to (read up the verdict on Di Caprio's charater and how after less than half of his sentence he was released on parole, went back to the Indian settlement to commit more crimes, got arrested and then released again, then look up the "Black Wall street" incident that also took place in the exact same time and same city where the Osage killings took place and see how the verdict turned out)

It's not a case of judging all white people but so much more could be done. Today as we speak people are being murdered and chased out of their homes in Congo by western back militia all for the sake of Cobalt and Colton, sounds familiar?

Star Wars (I never call it New Hope) in 4k and Atmos sound, still holds up after 46 years! 9/10 the movie that got me into been a film nut and a home cinema nerd.

Watched a few films catching up on what I'd recorded.

Haunted (1988) with Kate Beckinsale, Aiden Quinn and Anthony Andrews. A 1920s set ghost story in a secluded country house. A psychiatrist lecturer is invited to debunk a haunting.....
It's a really atmospheric thriller that keeps you guessing, the three leads are great and it's well directed by veteran Lewis Gilbert.

Ravenous (1999) set before the American Civil War with Guy Pearce and Robert Carlyle. A man is rescued from the wilderness and brought to recover at an isolated fort, telling tales of a lost expedition and cannibalism.....

Again just when you think you've figured out what's happening, it all goes west! It is very, very gory but just mesmerising. Dunno if just me, but cannibalism does freak me out, hated Hannibal Rising. I'm terrified of the zombie apocalypse as I think they'd look at me as breakfast, lunch, elevenses, tea, supper, and something for the doggy bag.... A moving feast if you will!!!!!!

Leave the world behind (2023) pretentious music and paper thin characters do not a decent film make. Literally 20 minutes in, I start checking how longs left. Still got 25 minutes to go, maybe that'll totally change my mind!? So far it's dogshit and I want the deer to win!!

Star Wars (I never call it New Hope) in 4k and Atmos sound, still holds up after 46 years! 9/10 the movie that got me into been a film nut and a home cinema nerd.
There's a story told by William Friedkin (RIP) who's film Sorcerer (1977) was released around the same time as Star Wars in the US.

With all the buzz surrounding the George Lucas film, Friedkin went along with a friend to watch the competition, and as soon as he saw the opening credits with the spaceship booming out of the screen, he turned to his friend and said "we're f@cked!"

Sorcerer (1977) sank at the box office and film screenings were quickly closed across the states.

There's a story told by William Friedkin (RIP) who's film Sorcerer (1977) was released around the same time as Star Wars in the US.

With all the buzz surrounding the George Lucas film, Friedkin went along with a friend to watch the competition, and as soon as he saw the opening credits with the spaceship booming out of the screen, he turned to his friend and said "we're f@cked!"

Sorcerer (1977) sank at the box office and film screenings were quickly closed across the states.
Bloody good film that as well, wages of fear remake.

With my new setup mate the star destroyer coming in overhead takes me back to the Odeon Manchester in 78, unreal sound and just something no one had seen before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.