Last Film You Saw

Logan. 6/10.

Started off okay but by the mid point had descended into repetitive marvel beat-em-up crap. Girl was a photofit, paint-by-numbers character.

You can hear the execs; 'let's make her like everyone thinks autism is, you know, going 'reeeee' and all that. Did anyone see Stranger Things? Copy that uncertain gender factor, that's like totally a thing now. In fact let's copy every thing about that character, but with 4chan fake autism'.

So naturally, zero on-screen relationship between her and Logan. Jackman has shown on more occassion that he can do a pretty good 'bad dad' in a 'bad dad becomes good dad' story but somehow makes the second half of the film boring (Real Steel).

Fessor X was good, I guess, with what he had to work with. Marchant's character had potential and at least said how impossible it was to get any communication or connection with Jackman. It's just that Jackman doesn't really have a lot to say, does he. Wasn't paying much attention after an hour or so but I'm sure they killed lots of people without having to. When it's a kid... ehh. The whole thing was tone deaf.

"You know what would be cool? Wolverine's claws going through someone's head!' Yeah, but FX can only do that shot side on. "Who cares? I want to see it like, 20 times! Cool!"

Honestly, we are well overdue a Marvel backlash.

Just realised it wasn't a Marvel film, but it really had that feel to it. I struggle to watch more than an hour of any of these films. The only ones I've enjoyed:

X-Men 1 (Set up a brilliant cast of nuanced characters that were instantly ruined by 2)
Batman Begins (old fashioned superhero film) and TDK
Captain America 1 (a mash up of many old fashioned films with updated SFX) & 2 (apart from the below, the only reasonably interesting 'universe' pics)
Avengers 1 (yep, a lot of fun)
Iron Man 1 (which might as well stand it's own)

The rest have been crap.

Last edited:
Gifted - Some great acting, especially from the little girl, decent 7/10

Table 19 - About a group of misfits at a wedding, shoved on a table out of the way...Stephen Merchant is pretty good, as is Anna Kendrick 7/10

Wonder Woman 8/10 maybe they should let this director do more DC films, let s hope Justice League is as good. Reminded me because of the setting of Captain America, oh and Gal Gadot is fit as fuck.

Their Finest. I usually go to my local Cinema once a week (they only have one screen). Whilst I have seen some bad 'uns, sometimes I am pleasantly surprised, as I was by this. Thought it was going to be a bit soft/daft but in my view it is well worth seeing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.