Last whites of the east end

Good post, the reaction to that programme last night was a tad over the top. If where I lived became Asian/Eastern Europe majority populated over British, I'd be a bit saddened that the British culture had been phased out. We have different beliefs and ways of living to some countries, mainly Asians ones of that. It just doesn't work unless they learn how to learn our culture, which won't happen and to me that's sort of understandable. That then leads to British people moving out areas they've grown up in to accommodate more foreigners. Like you say, how to deal with it is anyone's guess. No doubt I'll be labelled as racist now.
Racist.

What a terrible racist program....just joking, its quite sad that people feel isolated in their own community, and whats even more sad is some idiots in society make them feel like racists for speaking out against it.

Maybe I'm a miserable bastard, but I never speak to anyone in my neighbourhood anyway, so I couldn't give a shit what language they speak.

They call it "white flight". Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Indians start to move into an area and the whites start to move out.

I travel the country with my job and go to all of the towns and cities listed in this thread.

I have both Asian and White customers and hear both views.

The white view is that the Asians tend to target areas with the type of housing stock they desire, mainly terraced style housing. They start to move in and the whites move out as they don't like their culture and the area tends to become run down as more move in. The remaining whites see their properties become almost worthless as the only people who will buy them towards the end are the Asians themselves who offer a base price knowing that they are desperate to get out.

The Asian areas I visit ( or what have now become Asian areas ) my Asian customers have a different view. The whites move out by choice, we don't force them out, we don't create problems for them they just choose to leave the area.

There are several ways to look at this but after seeing it first hand my view is that the cultures are so far apart that the majority of white people would choose to move away if their own area was suddenly faced with a mass influx of Asians and mosques appearing all around the area.

The Asians are doing nothing wrong. They have been invited to live in this country. They want to build their own communities and live with their own culture.

Nobody likes the word racist but the vast majority of white people on this forum or in general would not sell up and move to areas like Bradford or Luton etc.

The number of large Asian communities in the UK is astounding, in Oldham,Burnley,Rochdale,Bolton,Preston. The list is endless.

The trend is exactly the same.

The whites will continue to move out and could be deemed as the ones who cannot integrate or will not.

I watched the programme and my first reaction was it played out like a recruiting film for the far right. It used certain documentary techniques to heighten and manipulate feelings. the voice over sentimentalised the old east end as some kind of heaven. BUT, the issues raised are real. How do we manage the multi cultural dynamic and retain cultural cohesion? it is straining at the seams at the moment and my fear is that turning a blind eye will eventually lead to all out inter racial carnage on our streets. The thugs will have their day and everyone will suffer. So many issues, like the appalling shortage of housing nationally contribute to this powder keg. Politicians on both sides of the fence should hang their heads.

They call it "white flight". Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Indians start to move into an area and the whites start to move out.

I travel the country with my job and go to all of the towns and cities listed in this thread.

I have both Asian and White customers and hear both views.

The white view is that the Asians tend to target areas with the type of housing stock they desire, mainly terraced style housing. They start to move in and the whites move out as they don't like their culture and the area tends to become run down as more move in. The remaining whites see their properties become almost worthless as the only people who will buy them towards the end are the Asians themselves who offer a base price knowing that they are desperate to get out.

The Asian areas I visit ( or what have now become Asian areas ) my Asian customers have a different view. The whites move out by choice, we don't force them out, we don't create problems for them they just choose to leave the area.

There are several ways to look at this but after seeing it first hand my view is that the cultures are so far apart that the majority of white people would choose to move away if their own area was suddenly faced with a mass influx of Asians and mosques appearing all around the area.

The Asians are doing nothing wrong. They have been invited to live in this country. They want to build their own communities and live with their own culture.

Nobody likes the word racist but the vast majority of white people on this forum or in general would not sell up and move to areas like Bradford or Luton etc.

The number of large Asian communities in the UK is astounding, in Oldham,Burnley,Rochdale,Bolton,Preston. The list is endless.

The trend is exactly the same.

The whites will continue to move out and could be deemed as the ones who cannot integrate or will not.

Excellent post.

Newham has been my home for over ten years. I can't wait to leave because there's barely anything to do anymore. The pubs are gone (or going) and nobody gives two hoots about anyone else. On the positive side, there's a housing crisis in London and my home is worth much more than I paid for it. I'll cash in and piss off asap.

How many of these ex pats have bothered to learn Spanish? Or send their kids to a Spanish school? Or bother to learn to cook, let alone eat Spanish food?

I've travelled extensively in this area and the answer is less than 5%.
And how many are claiming Spanish benefits

China Town is a sanctioned thing haha?

It suits the people with real power to have our attentions diverted to fighting amongst ourselves - it lets them get away with things we wouldn't let them do normally because we're lulled into smoke and mirrors.

Maybe sanctioned wasn't the right word there, it's a deliberate situation for commercial reasons among others though surely?

It's interesting someone made the claim it could be said white british are the ones who can not or will not integrate, white british heritage by and large is tied to the land where asian or indian and so on is not. Also what should be expected of native speaking residents? Learn their culture, learn their language, their religion? Seems very backwards to me. I think more accepting to allow them to integrate is a fair statement(you have to give them a chance to and sometimes they don't get that) but I think there's a stark difference between how it used to be with regards to that and how it is today, it would be much easier for them to do that today without closing themselves off.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.