Last whites of the east end

You talking about the programme or this forum? When you get people comparing immigration to grey squirrels wiping out red squirrels it becomes difficult to tell.

I think they're quite easy to find actually
What a bizarre programme. Firstly, isn't the old east end around Whitechapel, Bethnall Green, Stepney and that general area and Newham is plain old east London? It was the first thing you notice around the theme of the producers trying to romanticise the old white community.

Secondly, as has been previously mentioned, white families have always moved east, as far back as the 20's when they went to work in ford in Dagenham, post war re-settlement and the white flight when the docks were mostly closed around the late 60's/70's. This is not a new phenomenon.

Mass immigration has always been welcomed by both the right and left albeit for different reasons, I hate prejudice against immigrants, they're just trying to better themselves and their families. East London has always been a first port of call for many immigrant group going back to French Huguenots, Jews and Irish before the non-white groups, who obviously don't assimilate as easily by the second generation, moved in.

Exactly right.

Waves of immigrants is all. Then when the money comes along they move out and the new wave from wherever replaces them. It was ever thus in the East End. Fascinating history it has tbh. But to focus on Essex 'whites' being racist is too easy a target. It aint just 'whites' that display racism. Intolerance for others is clearly not just a white anglo saxon prerogative lol. Far fucking from it.

London's a shithole thanks to the labour party and its open door immigration for 13 years.Hope never to see labour in power again.
Whether you like it or not this country needs high levels of immigration for the foreseeable future. Birth rates struggle to keep up with death rates over the whole population and I suspect the gap is even wider among the white British population. Without sizeable immigration Britain will become a country with a huge imbalance of over 65s with all the dire economic and social consequences that would entail.

Watched this programme last night... I was around the area when we played West Ham earlier this season and it did surprise me a little how many nonwhites were walking around the area.... And I've lived in areas since childhood with big Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Indian communities.
I ain't hyping it now when I say there was loads of Asians... I actually felt comfort in seeing AfroCaribbean people Haha.

It is a TV show which is edited into 1hr yet may have filmed 100hrs of footage, so it's unfair to judge the perceived views of people unless you hear their full unedited responses to questions which would've been asked by the guy behind the camera.

However I feel a sense of misguidedness, and how it seems to suit those in power to keep a steady influx of immigrants, which has a consequence of dividing communities... Somehow for me this is the result those in power want.

Divide, Rule, Conquer.

How many Asian descendants are in the houses of Parliament?
Not many I can think of... But go around particular areas of the country and you'll be surprised to think that middleaged fat white men from privileged backgrounds actually control these people.

Fear is the biggest factor in this for the white British, but it's deluded to think Sharia law will be implemented sometime soon in this country.
Muslim Prime Minister? You're having a laugh... Unless he's a shill and will be in the back pocket of white owned big business.

Really there needs to be a new forum

off Topic and another separate forum for anti immigration threads seeing as they make up half of blue moons non football topics

Could have anti Islam, anti immigrant, anti European threads, possibly a pinned thread for each other European nation .

Makes sense as it definitely works splitting City and the other football topics.

It would make things easier as it gets pretty intellectually challenging weaving anti immigration sentiment into threads that seemingly have nothing to do with it.

Must be heartening to blues all over the world especially new fans to know how much we hate everyone

Really there needs to be a new forum

off Topic and another separate forum for anti immigration threads seeing as they make up half of blue moons non football topics

Could have anti Islam, anti immigrant, anti European threads, possibly a pinned thread for each other European nation .

Makes sense as it definitely works splitting City and the other football topics.

It would make things easier as it gets pretty intellectually challenging weaving anti immigration sentiment into threads that seemingly have nothing to do with it.

Must be heartening to blues all over the world especially new fans to know how much we hate everyone

might pop over to the 'Celtic' thread..

Divide, Rule, Conquer.

Not many I can think of... But go around particular areas of the country and you'll be surprised to think that middleaged fat white men from privileged backgrounds actually control these people.

Fear is the biggest factor in this for the white British, but it's deluded to think Sharia law will be implemented sometime soon in this country.
Muslim Prime Minister? You're having a laugh... Unless he's a shill and will be in the back pocket of white owned big business.[/QUOTE]

'Divide, Rule, Conquer' - the Tories tried this in the Mayoral election and it failed dismally. London elected a Muslim, son of a Pakistani bus-driver. I don't think his religion mattered to the vast majority of people voting. I would hope that the rest of the country is sufficiently enlightened that they are capable of seeing beyond someone's religion and voting for who they believe in. Priti Patel (I am guessing she is of Indian descent and therefore probably Hindu rather than Muslim) was elected in a very white constituency. Its a real shame that so much debate in Britain is reduced to people's race or EU immigration.

As a general point we seem to use 'Asians' as a very generic term. In my area of north London there are hundreds of thousands of 'Asians' that are well-off, live in good housing, are integrated into UK culture but retain their own identity, they speak perfect English as well as whatever their own language is. They, however, are of Indian descent and have been in the UK longer and have had time to become educated and allowed to prosper here. Likewise in parts of NW London (say Kingsbury or Wembley) or the whole borough of Brent there are larger more established Asian muslim communities and they also thrive. There's another large muslim community in London that also integrates but retains its own identity, as per wiki there are 350,000 Turks in London. Its too simplistic to talk about 'Asians' or 'muslims'.

It seems to me that the better educated immigrants are, the more opportunities they have to work and earn money, the more likely they are to become integrated. Migrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well as Africa are more likely to come from a poor and backward community. People from East London have always moved outwards when they have had the opportunity, the gaps are bound to be filled with recent migrants to the city, and always have done.

Divide, Rule, Conquer.

Muslim Prime Minister? You're having a laugh... Unless he's a shill and will be in the back pocket of white owned big business.

'Divide, Rule, Conquer' - the Tories tried this in the Mayoral election and it failed dismally. London elected a Muslim, son of a Pakistani bus-driver. I don't think his religion mattered to the vast majority of people voting. I would hope that the rest of the country is sufficiently enlightened that they are capable of seeing beyond someone's religion and voting for who they believe in. Priti Patel (I am guessing she is of Indian descent and therefore probably Hindu rather than Muslim) was elected in a very white constituency. Its a real shame that so much debate in Britain is reduced to people's race or EU immigration.

As a general point we seem to use 'Asians' as a very generic term. In my area of north London there are hundreds of thousands of 'Asians' that are well-off, live in good housing, are integrated into UK culture but retain their own identity, they speak perfect English as well as whatever their own language is. They, however, are of Indian descent and have been in the UK longer and have had time to become educated and allowed to prosper here. Likewise in parts of NW London (say Kingsbury or Wembley) or the whole borough of Brent there are larger more established Asian muslim communities and they also thrive. There's another large muslim community in London that also integrates but retains its own identity, as per wiki there are 350,000 Turks in London. Its too simplistic to talk about 'Asians' or 'muslims'.

It seems to me that the better educated immigrants are, the more opportunities they have to work and earn money, the more likely they are to become integrated. Migrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well as Africa are more likely to come from a poor and backward community. People from East London have always moved outwards when they have had the opportunity, the gaps are bound to be filled with recent migrants to the city, and always have done.[/QUOTE]
I'm fully aware that when I said Asian, I'm being very broad in using the term as it could mean anybody from a Thai person to an Afghan, and of course religion has nothing to do with Race, unless you make it related.

End of the day we're all immigrants and times change. Everything changes.

Example being the old timer blokes from the east end making comments about Pubs closing down and how Muslims don't drink...

Well for a start he hasn't been on a piss up then with some Muslim lads I know, they can drink... And many of my white friends who I grew up with hate going in pubs, their parents went in pubs so they hung around at skate parks smoking weed.

It seems to me that the better educated immigrants are, the more opportunities they have to work and earn money, the more likely they are to become integrated. Migrants from Pakistan and Bangladesh as well as Africa are more likely to come from a poor and backward community. People from East London have always moved outwards when they have had the opportunity, the gaps are bound to be filled with recent migrants to the city, and always have done.
I'm fully aware that when I said Asian, I'm being very broad in using the term as it could mean anybody from a Thai person to an Afghan, and of course religion has nothing to do with Race, unless you make it related.

Example being the old timer blokes from the east end making comments about Pubs closing down and how Muslims don't drink...

Well for a start he hasn't been on a piss up then with some Muslim lads I know, they can drink... And many of my white friends who I grew up with hate going in pubs, their parents went in pubs so they hung around at skate parks smoking weed.[/QUOTE]

You have friends who smoke weed and hang around in skate parks? I was considering your opinion until then.

Whether you like it or not this country needs high levels of immigration for the foreseeable future. Birth rates struggle to keep up with death rates over the whole population and I suspect the gap is even wider among the white British population. Without sizeable immigration Britain will become a country with a huge imbalance of over 65s with all the dire economic and social consequences that would entail.
Sounds like a Ponzi scheme.

Well for a start he hasn't been on a piss up then with some Muslim lads I know, they can drink... And many of my white friends who I grew up with hate going in pubs, their parents went in pubs so they hung around at skate parks smoking weed.

You have friends who smoke weed and hang around in skate parks? I was considering your opinion until then.[/QUOTE]
Re-read the post... "hung" not "hang" as I clearly state when I was growing up... I'm referring to the mid to late 90's

And as these people have grown into adults themselves, many tend to prefer different hobbies interests rather than doing stuff their parents did such as sitting in a boozer every night and playing darts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.