Leaving the game early

dickie davies

From flat earth & I'm a c*nt (says @ LongsightM13)
Not when trying to beat the traffic
Have you ever left a game early because City were getting thumped?

I've done it twice, both being FA Cup quarter final games.
Liverpool in 1988 when we were 4-0 down
I was relatively young, extremely naive and truly believed we could win

Tottenham in 93
We were absolutely nailed on to win the cup. Sheron put us one up and all is well, then we collapsed
I left before Phelen scored our consolation and I felt physically sick as I left Maine Road
That evening I had a 200 mile journey to Essex and had to face my smug spurs supporting colleagues the next day

3rd round of the FA Cup, Jan 2012. Defending the trophy we had won the previous May.
I think we went 3 goals down to United , when Rooney got Vinny sent off.
Although City pulled 2 goals back and were pushing for an equalizer , I had seen enough by 90 minutes so decided to leave when injury time was displayed.
I remember hearing a huge roar as I walked past the City Store, but it was only a near miss.
So I got home early,very deflated and disappointed.

Once and once only. We were losing 3-0 at home to QPR in 97 (I think). I was 17 and my dad couldn't go that day so I went on my own. When John Spencer (again, I think!). put the third in with about 15 minutes to go, I sacked it off for a quick one in the Sherwood to cheer me up for the walk down Dicky Road to the 192.

Left the Gillingham game and never attempted to get back in. Just suffered listening on the radio on the way back.

Also left the United FA Cup tie at half time, when we were already 3 down and Kompany was off. Once again l listened on the radio and we got back to 3-2.

Perhaps I'm a bit of a fairweather fan, but I'm very good at not letting a bad result ruin my day, and I just had better things to be doing with my time on both those occasions.

Twice:

Full member's cup final, left at 5-1 down, heartbroken after first trip to Wembley. Heard several cheers whilst heading back to the coach and assumed Chelsea had scored more.

At Maine Rd against Boro when a load of their fans invaded the north strand when the gates were opened late on and it kicked off big time.

Most of the rest of the time at Maine Rd I wanted to stay until the end to be able to boo.

Home to Leicester when they won the Premier League that season. It began to empty around the third goal going in so I wasn’t alone.

As the match was on tv then I watched the rest in Mary D’s. I’d just had enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.