Leaving the game early

Losing 0-4 v Charlton at home in 2000, had to meet my daughter and wife the other side of the stadium, that was an awful performance, Huckerby scored a late penalty, but outside I just assumed it was another Charlton goal, the way we'd played.
I might be wrong, but wasn't that an away game we shown on the big screen at Maine road? I was at that match. It was the game where Alfie Haaland paid for the City fans fuel on the way home when at a petrol station because he was embarrassed for the teams performance.

I might be wrong, but wasn't that an away game we shown on the big screen at Maine road? I was at that match. It was the game where Alfie Haaland paid for the City fans fuel on the way home when at a petrol station because he was embarrassed for the teams performance.

Can’t think of any reason why they’d show an away game at Charlton at Maine Road. I’ve certainly no memory of it anyway.

They did of course show a Millwall away game at the ground when no away tickets were sold.

Leeds away in 2002, first game back in the Prem under Keegan. Knew who a guy who worked for a company that had season tickets in the main stand at Elland Road, so 4 of us went undercover.

Anyway, we went 3-0 down with about 10 minutes to go (Robbie Keane, who else) so we decided to make a sharp exit to miss the traffic as we were never getting back into it and was parked near the motorway from memory. I was back home in Stockport quicker than some homes games at the time

V Stockport in 1997 at Edgeley Park.

We were 3-0 down at HT. A new low for City so we left at HT. Walked to the pub and the City coach was there idling away to keep it warm for the useless players so someone may have switched the emergency stop switch and went back to the Robert Peel.

Can’t think of any reason why they’d show an away game at Charlton at Maine Road. I’ve certainly no memory of it anyway.

They did of course show a Millwall away game at the ground when no away tickets were sold.
Like I said, I might be wrong..but for some reason Charlton at home on big screen is in my head. Possible first game of the season..

They beat us home and away 4-0/4-1 that season, Dunne slammed a clearance off one of their players on the half way line and it lobbed Weaver
I might be gangster tripping but I was sure we had a game on big screen against them..but I took so many diddlys around that time I don't think I'd remember winning the lottery! :)

No it was a home game, I wouldnt travel a 340 mile round trip to watch a match on a screen. 30th December 2000, we also lost 4-0 at The Valley on the opening day.
I think we've now come to the conclusion I was E'd up out of my skull and didn't know what day it was back then.

They beat us home and away 4-0/4-1 that season, Dunne slammed a clearance off one of their players on the half way line and it lobbed Weaver

Group of us genuinely burst out laughing when that happened. If you didnt laugh you would of cried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.