Leicester (a) pre-match thread

Leicester (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% can’t be Managala, he gets butchered by teenagers running at him. Vardy & Mahrez will destroy him on the counter & the inevitable long ball overload. He’ll stick out like a sore thumb & he’ll be such an easy target to exploit

Has to be Danilo if Kompany isn’t ready imo

----------------Ederson-----------------
Kyle------Danilo-----Stones----Delph
------------------Dinho------------------
--------------Silva------KDB------------
Raheem--------Aguero----------Leroy

Leicester have gone backwards defensively recently, Puel is a decent manager to grind out results but we should have too much firepower to undo them this time around, and we dont have fossils at the back so its unlikely we'll get bare exposed like last season.

Edit:

On a second thought, I'd put Mangala in instead of Danilo so that makes it

Walker---Stones--Mangala--Delph

at the back. The reason being, Mangala is crap but we'll have the ball for 70-80% of the game, and the one time they hoof the ball to Vardy, we'd have pace at the back with Mangala to counter that. And as bad as he is, he's still better at keeping the defensive line and shape than Danilo who likes a bit of adventure.

Last edited:
The high press in essential for this game. It will panic their defence who like to play the long ball out. Cut out the source to vardy. With our possession in the middle we will be way to much for these boys. I’m confident.

I find it difficult to believe that 38 or 21.5% of people on this forum think we are not capable of beating Leicester, shocking really when you consider the way we are playing and how they are playing, each to their own I suppose..! City will romp this 3-0, have some faith, it doesn't get much better than this Blues...!

We are at a different level now to other teams, it'll be another win Leicester wont faze us in the slightest.

Yeah I'm sure the club will look to spend some cash on a centre half in the summer (I'd say January but its a notoriously difficult window and with the way we're playing I'm not sure we'd be getting the right kind of player in)

Without wanting to stray too far OT but I'm not convinced we need a DM. Certainly not a typical 'defensive midfielder'. I'm sure Dinho will get at least another year, and we'll need to look for a body to replace Yaya (be that a new signing or promoting from within). How Pep plays doesn't really lend itself to lining up with a pure defensive midfielder (a NDJ type if you will)

We were pathetic at Leicester last season so it will be interesting to see how we line up in 2 weeks.
Cant aaron martins play centre back and left back hope we sign him in jan

----------------Ederson-----------------
Kyle------Danilo-----Stones----Delph
------------------Dinho------------------
--------------Silva------KDB------------
Raheem--------Aguero----------Leroy

Leicester have gone backwards defensively recently, Puel is a decent manager to grind out results but we should have too much firepower to undo them this time around, and we dont have fossils at the back so its unlikely we'll get bare exposed like last season.

Edit:

On a second thought, I'd put Mangala in instead of Danilo so that makes it

Walker---Stones--Mangala--Delph

at the back. The reason being, Mangala is crap but we'll have the ball for 70-80% of the game, and the one time they hoof the ball to Vardy, we'd have pace at the back with Mangala to counter that. And as bad as he is, he's still better at keeping the defensive line and shape than Danilo who likes a bit of adventure.
1. Mangala doesn't have the pace to match Vardy. He is fast, but Vardy is faster and less rigid.

2. Playing Mangala's probably results in a 5-10 drop in possession %. So rather than a 65 to 70% possession, you at 55 to 65%. That drop in itself results in 2 to 3 more chances been created.

Part of this is Mangala's ability and part of it is the lack of confidence of not having been doing this in real game situation like the rest.

3. If Mangala played, any smart manager should press us but funnel the ball to Mangala. Make him the playmaker out of the back. You can expect that.

Otamendi was our best passer out of the back early in the season partly coz teams purposely let the ball funnel to him... Apparently a lot of managers like fans and pundits erroneously concluded Ota was the passing weak link until he made them pay consistently.

Can Mangala do the same? And is the notion he is a weak passer out of the back erroneous? These might be questions worth examining

Or not :)

There's also Adarabioyo, but Mangala regular sub so unless Kompany makes it back, then it looks certain to be Mangala. I think some of the criticism is a bit OTT

Delph improved this season. Likewise Bravo when he had the chance.

There's also Adarabioyo, but Mangala regular sub so unless Kompany makes it back, then it looks certain to be Mangala. I think some of the criticism is a bit OTT

Delph improved this season. Likewise Bravo when he had the chance.
Bravo and Delphs improvement are more confidence and tactics related, while Mangala lacks in basic technique, and the confidence that springs there from. I don't think its the same... But I look fwd to being wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.