Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

He was poor first half. Nothing wrong with saying that. Just as he was fantastic 2nd half. But KDB was simply amazing.

The 2nd half goals were classic Sergio. Picks the keeper's pocket and finishes brilliantly, takes a pass in space and drills it -- something out of nothing really. All individual play (not a criticism) that has made him so prolific in his career. More encouraginly, after he scored the first he became more expansive in his play. Even in a fantastic 2nd half he struggled to play others into the match, it's just not something he's a natural at but he has shown at various times this year a capability to be very good at it. He seems to really need to have a goal to pick his head up and start playing more creatively and when teams really sit deep and crowd him he doesn't have the space for his more solo efforts.

He's still capable of these performances and that's incredibly useful. He really put this one to bed today with the help of KDB and with Silva out we needed his class. That match was in the balance and he absolutely put it to bed and deserves all the credit he is getting. That chip on Schmeichel was a goddamned class finish and he made it look so easy. A confident and firing Sergio can bag goals in bunches. Before his car accident he was reaching this form and I thought he was playing and distributing as well as he ever has for us. He's always shown that it takes time for him to come back to form after injury so hopefully he's peaking in confidence and can lead the line brilliantly over the next few months.

Aguero. Silva. De Bruyne. Should all be in the PFA team of the year. You could make a case for Ederson, and Fernandinho.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that a maximum of one, makes it.

And to be honest it just makes it sweeter. We are now the team everybody loves to hate because we are so fucking good.

It's an absolute joy watching this. Period.

Aguero. Silva. De Bruyne. Should all be in the PFA team of the year. You could make a case for Ederson, and Fernandinho.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that a maximum of one, makes it.

And to be honest it just makes it sweeter. We are now the team everybody loves to hate because we are so fucking good.

It's an absolute joy watching this. Period.
Walker too.

Fern is magnificent.
Before the first goal he twice won the ball back, and then did the same for the third.

IMO he’s our one irreplaceable player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.