Leroy Sané

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody watch the german league regularly and actually know much about this kids game? I will put my hands up and say I didn't really know about him until we got linked. Does seem like he could be rotated in the RW position with Navas maybe?

Our starting line up at the moment is crying out for this lad. Left footed, will actually get in behind Aguero from the right, Navas just hugs the touchline, bit of a one trick pony.

The benefit of Navas is that he stretches the opponent's defence out though. If we have both wingers cutting inside it will just get congested when opponents park the bus.

Unless we can get a right back who offers more going forward and a left back with the energy/ desire to both attack and defend.

The benefit of Navas is that he stretches the opponent's defence out though. If we have both wingers cutting inside it will just get congested when opponents park the bus.

Unless we can get a right back who offers more going forward and a left back with the energy/ desire to both attack and defend.
Stretches out the defence but then turns back and passes it to Sagna.

I am all for the inverted wingers, cutting in and getting a few shots away = goals. Sterling and Navas have no conviction about their play. I don't know if Pellegrini is telling them or they just aren't up too it.

Stretches out the defence but then turns back and passes it to Sagna.

I am all for the inverted wingers, cutting in and getting a few shots away = goals. Sterling and Navas have no conviction about their play. I don't know if Pellegrini is telling them or they just aren't up too it.

Yeah it's no secret that his end product isn't the best but his presence is important to give the central players more room and I think an inverted winger on the right will counter that.

I get the feeling that this is something that has been instructed, Sterling and Navas both get played into space and then appear to slow down and wait for the overlap. It nullifies the benefit of pacy wingers and gives our opponents time to fill the box. Bizarre.

Yeah it's no secret that his end product isn't the best but his presence is important to give the central players more room and I think an inverted winger on the right will counter that.

I get the feeling that this is something that has been instructed, Sterling and Navas both get played into space and then appear to slow down and wait for the overlap. It nullifies the benefit of pacy wingers and gives our opponents time to fill the box. Bizarre.

To be fair, there was more than one occasion last night when there was no one in the box to cross to, so they had little option.

To be fair, there was more than one occasion last night when there was no one in the box to cross to, so they had little option.

It's not that we have no one in the box, it's that the opposition simply have more numbers.

We are so slow in the build up that the oppositions entire team has enough time to run back, get in position and have a cup of tea before a ball heads into the box.

We need to be faster and then Navas or sterling will be looking to pick out 2 blues out of 4 or 5 players in the box, as opposed to 3 blues out of 13 bodies in the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.