Leroy Sané

Would you have Sane back?

• Total voters
Id have him back so fast.

Still in his prime, loves the club and the fans love him.

Suits are our style perfectly.

I just dont think Bayern would sell him back to us unfortunately.

I always liked Leroy but this is unlikely and yet I actually think Bayern would offload for the right price too regardless of his talent, he's largely been a disappointment for them they expected much more and he's on sky high wages.

Bayern probably pictured Ballon d'Or contention form eventually when they gave him his wages, Leroy is currently being paid close to £350k a week and we'd never ever have given him that to stay.

This is the main problem even if we truly wanted to bring him back his current wages are sky high, based on his form these past few years would it be fair he'd become our third highest earner? I don't think so not a chance.

For one I don't think we're interested in the slightest there's been little indication we're in for him at all, for two I don't think he'd come here and take a pay cut either if that's what he'd need to do, so people bumping this thread it's just nostalgia that really doesn't add up.

Some will say his family are here (house in Germany is or was actually being renovated) but even so I doubt that'd be enough of a reason to take a pay cut, after all he's potentially earning this money with his family in mind as football is a short career no matter what they earn, it's doubtful Leroy would ever be taking any required pay cut to return here.

I don't think posters are taking into account his his wages when talking about a potential return, these are wages that he surely wouldn't be getting here even if he ever did return.

Jesus wept.

Too busy to go into in depth but Kroos and Gundogan had been in Germany. Sane left before establishing himself and proceeded to win YPOTY.
This is silly. We bought Sane from Germany.

Oh wait, so the issue was how he never established himself before leaving. That's just silly. Where is the push to get Havertz back home. And where was the push to get Ozil back home? What was so unique about Sane that they needed vhim home before he makes the national team.

This is just irrational rationalization.

There was a 2 year long campaign of both those around the German team and Bayern openly tapping him up to return. Dozens of interviews openly pressuring him.
No. They weren't pressuring him. The were woooing him. Big difference. Why be a backup at City when you can be the Super Star at Bayern. That's not pressure, that's feeding your ego

And he bought into it too

"A Palmer type player"- fuck me.
When you take quotes out of context it smacks of dishonesty. He was a backup acting like the star. Perhaps, Mahrez would have been a preferable comparison. But the point there was about his attitude in relation to to his role at the club.

Sane was light years ahead of Cole Palmer.
That wasn't the point of that statement. I wasn't comparing their talent. Simply their roles. Perhaps Mahrez for last year would have been a better comp. But Mahrez wasn't young. So he was a Mahrez/Palmer acting like he was the team's Debruyne.

That point of that statement was to highlight the difference between his attitude and role.

View attachment 88024
Clearly despises him.....
i mean this picture is 3 years after he left City, no reason for either of them to hold on to past matters. I don't think they dislike each other as people but on football pitch Pep looked frustrated with Sane's off the ball work (or something else idk) and Sane looked very grumpy on the bench, where he was seen more often than he should have. There were definitely disagreements between those two on footballing matters which imo was the major reason why he left

I haven't used Bullying terms. Leveraged, blackmail, Bayern used influence.
Blackmailed? No. Stroked his ego? Absolutely. Why be a backup at City when you can be a star here.

Same tactics they are using on Walker by the way ( and it's an effective one). If we made the UCL final no way in hell are you not starting Kyle.

No one will consider that bullying. You are simply selling a better narrative. That's what Bayern did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.