Leroy Sane - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed his age an inexperience in these past 3 games.

The reason why I don’t think he will start for Germany at the World Cup.

This.

Can’t see him starting at all for Germany. He will be an impact sub.

Still don't understand why our wingers don't switch more often during the game. Our play is about stretching the pitch, fair enough, so players need to be disciplined enough to stay out on the line, but we've become incredibly predictable in certain respects, and greater fluidity would ask more questions of opposing defenders.

For someone of his talent and potential he's not doing enough. Needs competition and to grow up, be more engaged and run his arse into the ground for the cause.
Growing up need its time, though. He has a fantastic season to this point and a World Cup in front of him. I think he will do a lot of growing until start of the new season and did too since last year.

9 Goals
12 Assists in the League
2.5 dibbles per game

Thats not bad
It’s good for his age but for the amount of possession and chances we create you’d expect to have a front three scoring 25-30 and getting 15-20 assists each and we don’t have that.

It’s going to take a few years for the younger players in this team to be brilliant but by then Kun Silva and Fernandinho will be gone so I do hope we get their replacement signings right.

We need a new forward that’s in his prime. Our options for the front 3 are either too young and inconsistent or ageing and nearing the end of their time here. It’s not very well balanced.

If there’s a player out there between 25 and 27, can play right across the front 3 and scores hatfuls of goals then we should break the bank.

I don’t watch enough non-City football to build a shortlist. Can only think of Salah and Neymar that fit the bill, but Salah is not realistic and Neymar I don’t think has the right character to fit in with our squad. Maybe Hazard but he doesn’t seem to score enough goals.

We need a new forward that’s in his prime. Our options for the front 3 are either too young and inconsistent or ageing and nearing the end of their time here. It’s not very well balanced.

If there’s a player out there between 25 and 27, can play right across the front 3 and scores hatfuls of goals then we should break the bank.

I don’t watch enough non-City football to build a shortlist. Can only think of Salah and Neymar that fit the bill. Maybe Hazard but he doesn’t seem to score enough goals.

Mahrez

It’s good for his age but for the amount of possession and chances we create you’d expect to have a front three scoring 25-30 and getting 15-20 assists each and we don’t have that.

It’s going to take a few years for the younger players in this team to be brilliant but by then Kun Silva and Fernandinho will be gone so I do hope we get their replacement signings right.

Messi, Suarez and Neymar managed those numbers once and our front line isn't even close to that in a more competitive league. The stats our front 3 have posted have been fantastic this season.

I don’t watch enough non-City football to build a shortlist. Can only think of Salah and Neymar that fit the bill, but Salah is not realistic and Neymar I don’t think has the right character to fit in with our squad. Maybe Hazard but he doesn’t seem to score enough goals.

Griezmann for me. 18 goals 8 assists in La Liga playing for a defensive side. He can play across the front 3. Release clause of £90m. Really think that is good value. He is a hard worker as well which Pep will love. Just turned 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.