"Life with the Blues"

Some of the dialogue is riveting.

Alan Biggs: How exactly do you set out to spot the kids? Is there a formula - a magic formula?
Ken Barnes: Not particularly.

Alan Biggs: Have you ever been caught out in a match situation before, where you've not had enough of a particular thing?
Roy Bailey: No, I've not.

Alan Biggs: How exactly do you set out to spot the kids? Is there a formula - a magic formula?

Alan Biggs: Have you ever been caught out in a match situation before, where you've not had enough of a particular thing?

Haha

Really interesting how John Motson says that City are the only club that embraces the TV Cameras no matter how the season is going or how badly they are playing and how much appreciates this and how highly we thought of at the BBC, fucking hell how times have changed eh.

Brilliant!

Just seen this posted on Twitter (by Jo Lake). Great find!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/RD_7w0LWCEk

It's a behind the scenes look at the club in 1987, with a distinctly Partridge-esque presenter (Alan Biggs). Don't recall it being aired originally but it's a great watch.
It was never shown on TV. It was a video City has made when they used to sell match videos. Biggs still does commentary for the BBC. Based in Sheffield I believe.

Big Portals, eh?

Where did I put that Kenneth Williams pic?

williams.jpg

Got the original video.

Biggs worked on Yorks TV and still does as far as Im aware.The company that did Citys videos at the time were based in Sheffield.

Some of the interviews on this particular video are comedy gold.

It was never shown on TV. It was a video City has made when they used to sell match videos. Biggs still does commentary for the BBC. Based in Sheffield I believe.
He's got a Twitter account.

twitter.com/AlanBiggs1

A few things stood out for me on that video:

1. How much better Paul Lake looked on the ball than his compatriots.
2. How sinfully boring and completely lacking in charisma Mel Machin was (no 'repartee').
3. How hard Jimmy Friz had thought about explaining how he hadn't been demoted by Swales when Machin came in.
4. How needy Swales was to garner praise for himself. Insecure cünt.
5. How the bright future that the video portends was essentially two decades of underachievement and disappointment principally brought about by shite decisions made by the aforementioned Swales.
6. Kenny Clements was a donkey.

He's got a Twitter account.

twitter.com/AlanBiggs1

A few things stood out for me on that video:

1. How much better Paul Lake looked on the ball than his compatriots.
2. How sinfully boring and completely lacking in charisma Mel Machin was (no 'repartee').
3. How hard Jimmy Friz had thought about explaining how he hadn't been demoted by Swales when Machin came in.
4. How needy Swales was to garner praise for himself. Insecure cünt.
5. How the bright future that the video portends was essentially two decades of underachievement and disappointment principally brought about by shite decisions made by the aforementioned Swales.
6. Kenny Clements was a donkey.

The whole video seems to be a warning of how shit things are and are going to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.